Knob Creek

8mmDale

I'd like to check that out once. I dont know enough about machine guns to know what i would be looking at. But i could probably pay for my trip if i got to pick and keep all the brass.

It would be like this " hey look, a guy with a machine gun"

Then " holy cats, that guy went though a boat load of bullets in seconds"

Walk 15 feet, then repeat above.

All this in a good way...

One guy told me that at the fall shoot he shot 27,000 rounds out of his mini gun.

The M2 Browning 50 Cal machine guns were the most impressive, those things really just annihilate everything they hit.

You can shoot as well, just not on the same range.

My family use to go twice a year, every year. Haven't been to one in a few years though. Last time I was there, we bought a .50cal that was never shot.

Personally, I rather go just for the night shoot. Nothing like seeing tracers coming from the mini-gun, or the quad .50. It is like a "kid in a candy store" when they start hitting 55gal drums of gas that has dynamite strapped to them.

There always seems to be more people at the October shoot though. Warmer and dryer seems to draw more people, but creates more fire on the ranges. A farmer on the back side of the hill, tried to blame the shoot for setting fire to the hill, but it was later put on the farmer. Police found out he started a brush fire, and the wind took it over the hill.