Car got broken into last night, where's there a junk yard?

BeastieSSSC

Great way to start my morning, walking to the bus stop to head downtown to find my driver's side window smashed up and my glove box left open. I keep my car absolutely clean, no pop cans, no pens, nothing!! Bitch had to lean through my busted window to open the glove box to find condoms and my registration, what a joke. Onward, where is there a junk yard where I can able to find a cobalt 2dr drivers side front window. Guardian Auto glass quoted me at $171 installed. Just when I thought I was going to finally buy my new Shoei x-11 too :(

there are two diy yards. both are south of the city. pick and pull is south off of 104 on groveport rd and u-pick it is also on 104 just north off of alum creek. $1 to get in and take what you need; they are cheap too. i.e. i just got a toyota 4runner electronic locking rear differential with wiring harness and ecu for $123. it took me two hours to pull it but it was worth every second.

they may or may not have exactly what you need but they do keep inventory of which vehicles they have so you might call first. also, you can learn how to do it without worrying about messing something up......like free practice, if you need it, that is.

FWIW, I am fortunate enough to have a zero deductible on glass, so if I ever need glass repaired/replaced, State Farm will take care of it for free. Might want to check and see what your insurance can do for you. A glass claim doesn't go against my history either (or at least supposedly).

That sucks man, if I lived closer I would come help you out for nothing. Replacing a window isn't really all too hard but you do have to be careful to make sure the track is alright. I don't know about your car but for a lot of vehicles, the track/lifting cable is the weak point. I had a car broken in to and some stuff stolen and it makes you want to rip someones head off and have the fingers of all thieves cut off.

are you on oakland? i saw two cars broken into on that street on my walk to the bus stop within 100ft of each other.

no but thats right down the street. Im at the corner of blake and adams. I noticed right across the street form mine before I noticed that mine was smashed in also. I have 15% tint all the way around too, need to pay for new tint as welll

no but thats right down the street. Im at the corner of blake and adams. I noticed right across the street form mine before I noticed that mine was smashed in also. I have 15% tint all the way around too, need to pay for new tint as welll

Would be very easy to tint the window before installing it.