(older) 2-piece Leather Suit: $90

redkow97

*PRICE MODIFIED AFTER I DID SOME EBAY PRICE COMPARISONS (ebay suit of similar age, and but better condition went for $50 + $30 shipping)

Size 42 (now verified in pic below) Fieldsheer brand.

definitely been down, repaired, and down again; but it's in usable condition.

All zippers work, including the 360 degree zipper than holds the pants and jacket together.

I'm 6' and ~175. Last time I wore it, i was closer to 185 and fit into it, but it's short, and it looks, "a little sexy," according to my brother.

someone in the 5'8" - 5"10 range who weighs a few lbs. less than me should be about perfect.

It ain't fancy, but it's good quality thick leather. No knee-pucks included, unless you want one of the old sets i've got in my garage just to cover the velcro. They'd be good to have in case you crashed, so the fabric wouldn't get torn up.

Was: $90

Now: $45

Pics added 4/15/11:

Pants (front) note the 2 circular patches on either side of the zipper.

1302871308.jpg

pants (back) scuffing from a slide, but no holes or excessive wear

1302871388.jpg

Jacket tag: (failed to upload, but it just says it's a US 42...)

Jacket (front)

1302871470.jpg

Jacket (back)

1302871554.jpg

\

Based on the pictures, you can tell that someone took a pretty good slide on their front side in this suit. The pants likely wore through where they did because of the 360 degree zipper. The zipper put added pressure at those points during the slide.

In its day, this was probably a pretty high-end suit, because it's got pretty serious knee and elbow armor; more than the newer Fieldsheer 1-piece i've worn for the last 3 years.

When the pants and jacket are zipped together, there is a 'belt' on the bottom of the jacket that fastens with velcro to strengthen the area where the fly and jacket zipper come together. Basically it's a fail-safe for either of those zippers separating during a crash.

Edited by redkow97

pics are uploading from my camera to photobucket as I type this. I literally snapped them this morning with my phone after I read the email notification that you had replied to this thread, so I'll get better quality pics later.

My wife is actually working from home today, so I might be able to convince her to use a real camera today instead of having to wait to do it myself tonight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...