Speed & Strength Helmets... any users?

mike884

Was at Iron Pony today, browsing through the helmets as I want to replace my older HJC Cl-14 which is "round" fitting and I think is harder to come by. I tried on a Speed & Stength SS-1000 and it actually fit pretty well and seemed like a quality piece for its $150 price tag. I was just wondering if anyone uses one of these and can comment on ventilation, noise, general thoughts? Some elements seem over the top, like the graphics and the "spoiler" thing, but I really liked the fit... I can't seem to find much info/reviews on them. Thanks!

-Mike

Edited by mike884

I dunno, kinda new. But JC Whitney sells them, so it's probably in the same category with Raider helmets. You can find better, for not much more price. Especially if looking at last years helmet models discounted. Good luck with the round fitting thing, maybe somebody here knows which ones suits that.

edit: sportbiketrackgear review on youtube. They seem to like it.

It's a DOT and EEC but not SNELL helmet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCb-WQXVEWI&feature=player_detailpage

edit again: here's a guy on gixxer.com switching from HJC to S&S S1000. He does a review.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291287

watch?v=jCb-WQXVEWI

Edited by ReconRat

Yeah.. I read up on WBW often, unfortunately no S&S helmets on there. I did see the helmet shapes section and all the ones recommended to me, and my current helmet do fall in the "round" section, too bad I like the look and function of ones that don't.... ahh well, will keep looking! thanks for the help!

Edited by mike884

I have that same exact helmet from iron pony, its the best helmet i've ever owned. super light weight, very well manufactured. It doesent have any glued on parts like icon or some of the big names. Its worth every penny. Its about $200 with an extra shield.