My first gun

vw151

I have a Ruger LCP and a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact (.40 cal). When I'm riding, there is nothing more comfortable than the LCP. Though, I am thinking about trying out Ruger's LC9 as I'd rather have something a little more powerful than a .380. The PX4 Storm is my fave though. I love that gun. Easy for me to shoot and accurate as hell. I've carried a 9mm Beretta M9 (I think that was the model) and currently carry a Sig Sauer P229 DAK .40 cal for work. I dig the Sig and that old Beretta we used to carry was one of the easiest, most accurate guns I've ever shot but, I wouldn't want either one for concealed carry as they are more bulky than I like for that.

OK, well I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I went and got my CCW the other day and shot some hand guns for the very first time.

I shot a Glock 34 9mm, a S&W Tactical .45, A little tiny Diamondback 380, and another smaller .45, and a Sig 9mm. Can't remember the model

Either way. I like the glock, the Sig and the S&W. They were all full sized semi-auto hand guns and fit nicely in my hand and were relatively easy to shoot. I'd say the glock was the easiest.

So, now I'm learning about guns. One of my favorite things is learning new stuff. I knew nothing about guns. Now I know something but not much. For my first gun I'd like to get a full sized semi-auto pistol. Leaning towards a .45 but a 9mm is more economical. For some reason the model 1911 strikes me as a nice reliable first gun but I'm really just looking for opinions of which I'm sure I'll find a ton on this board.

So.... what do you have? Why? What do you recommend? Why? Feel free to talk about guns other than semi-auto pistols as well. Conceal guns, shot guns, rifles, revolvers. Let me know what you think.

And....... GO!

1st its a CHL (concealed handgun license) not a CCW

Anyway my first gun was a xd 9mm service model I carried it several years and then traded it for a xdm 9mm which I carried. I decided last year it was time for a change I bought a Sig pro 2340 in 40 cal put night sights on it and ordered a crosbreed supertuck and then my wife confiscated it for her carry gun. Which was okay because for Chrismas she bought me a springfield emp 40 I love this gun its a compact 1911. The gun is very accurate and comfortable to carry and shoot.

...my next two guns will be a fullsize HK45 and a S&W bodyguard (not sure if ill go old man style or not, i want a pocket gun for dropping in my shorts pocket during the summer when i dont have a belt)

Just an FYI - CDNN has the HK45 w/2-10rd mags for $918.56 + $15 to ship.

thats the plan, dont mind spending a couple bucks extra to support a site sponsor (the price difference is very slim - not even a box of ammo lol)...ide like to find a shop that has a USP45 and an HK45 both in stock so i can handle them both before ordering anything...but im not going to hold my breath on that lol