X-tended Swing Arm

2talltim

Is it just me or dose anyone else just turn their noses up at these. I think they look rediculous and think they have no real "street" purpose. Only at the drag srtip can i see any ture reason. I'm saying this because my buddie was telling me about this "bad ass" busa he seen this weekend and as soon as he said X-tended swing i lost intrest, and he says im stupid for thinking that way.:confused:

Anything over 4" on the street spins I hear. But many race at the strip a lot and want to ride their bike on the street. It shouldn't bother you or anyone else at all. Makes me think about that famous line, "Worry about yourself, not others." I love that statement. I lose interest on any 600 talk or naked bike talk, but I don't complain about them.

Hell, I don't like lifted trucks, but I don't give a shit about people doing it. It's their choice and freedom. Who am I to say they can't have their trucks like that? Haters love to hate I guess.:cool:

• Upvote 1

Anything over 4" on the street spins I hear. But many race at the strip a lot and want to ride their bike on the street. It shouldn't bother you or anyone else at all. Makes me think about that famous line, "Worry about yourself, not others." I love that statement. I lose interest on any 600 talk or naked bike talk, but I don't complain about them.

Hell, I don't like lifted trucks, but I don't give a shit about people doing it. It's their choice and freedom. Who am I to say they can't have their trucks like that? Haters love to hate I guess.:cool:

this thread makes me want to stretch one of my bikes

agreed. my next bike very might well be stretched....i want a drag bike that i can cruise around on the street with or ride to the track and home

why do you guys care what someones bike looks like? sure you can make fun thats your opinion - but outlaw it because it isnt your personal taste? if that was the case every bike would be outlawed except yamahas if i was in charge :D

oh....and lifted trucks are awesome

I cant see any reason to have one and would personally love to see them outlawed completely unless on a strip use only bike that is in unlimited class.

yeah thats a can o worms that should stay the fug closed... its close minded things like that that will get our sport canned, I hate stretched bikes.. BUT i see the purpose NOT everyone can afford to have a drag bike and a street bike.. so why make them only be able to have one... i Ride the track.. and have 1 bike so their may be things on my bike that people dont like.. (maybe my full exhaust is to loud for people) to each their own.. if it doesnt effect how i or others ride or drive (and it doesnt because its no ones isssue but the owners) then it doesnt matter you start wanting to outlaw 1 thing then its a downhill spiral.. first its extended swingarms.. then its wider tires.. or to sticky of tires for the street or flush mount signals or whatever.. sheesh.. its the diversity of the sport that makes it great.. INNOVATION! either it has a purpose and its good or it doesn't but it has to start somewhere!

that is all

Thanks for the support Nick... (rep sent to you) I ride in the street A LOT... plus I drag race....

so for safety reasons I had my swingarm extended.... its safer than having the bolt on extensions...

There are tons of riders that turn their street bikes into track bikes and then back into street bikes.... nobody is knocking them

I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion even narrow minded people....

I beat you to this year....:lol:

Edited by BornSinner

:lol:

Oh I agree to each his own, but just wanted a little fuel for the fire when my buddie starts on it again. He acts like I'm the only one in the world that thinks they are ugly

There are many that do and many that don't. You'll find some. ;)

if that was the case every bike would be outlawed except yamahas if i was in charge :D

WTF? :nono:

oh....and lifted trucks are awesome

Boooo! :lol::lol:

Maybe I should strech my wifes shadow...lol

Now you're talking CRAZY! :lol:

yeah thats a can o worms that should stay the fug closed... its close minded things like that that will get our sport canned, I hate stretched bikes.. BUT i see the purpose NOT everyone can afford to have a drag bike and a street bike.. so why make them only be able to have one... i Ride the track.. and have 1 bike so their may be things on my bike that people dont like.. (maybe my full exhaust is to loud for people) to each their own.. if it doesnt effect how i or others ride or drive (and it doesnt because its no ones isssue but the owners) then it doesnt matter you start wanting to outlaw 1 thing then its a downhill spiral.. first its extended swingarms.. then its wider tires.. or to sticky of tires for the street or flush mount signals or whatever.. sheesh.. its the diversity of the sport that makes it great.. INNOVATION! either it has a purpose and its good or it doesn't but it has to start somewhere!

that is all

Hmm...wise man. :cheers:

Thanks for the support Nick... I ride in the street A LOT... plus I drag race....

so for safety reasons I had my swingarm extended.... its safer than having the bolt on extensions...

There are tons of riders that turn their street bikes into track bikes and then back into street bikes.... nobody is knocking them

I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion even narrow minded people....

I beat you to this year....:lol:

How many inches over? Any spin at WOT on street? I'm curious.

I've had my years with going too fast in the twisties, so next season, I will be dropped and ready for an arm with a nos bracket in it.

0-6 over is good for the street....and strip

You can still rip through the twistes on a streched bike.....just dont hit the NoS button....:lol:

Have not got it all back together ...yet

I will let you know about the spin

Thanks and please share pictures..LOTS. If not on board, at least in PM. :cheers:

I'm stretching mine in a few weeks just gotta get some stuff out of the garage first. I'm going with extensions for now until I see how I like it if I like it then I may pick up an extended arm this winter from what I've read between 4 & 6 over is good for the zx14 I'm thinking probably about 4 1/2 - 5 for mine.

And if someone doesn't like the looks of it I really don't care I ride it not you.

Edited by conn-e-rot

Unless you drag race, I think ext swingarms are pointless and scream poser. Why 'improve' your machine by ruining the handling that was engineered by people far smarter than you?

ebay-find-of-the-dayw.jpg

so if you see a stretched bike on the street - how do you know by looking at it whether or not the rider races it?

I'm stretching mine in a few weeks just gotta get some stuff out of the garage first. I'm going with extensions for now until I see how I like it if I like it then I may pick up an extended arm this winter from what I've read between 4 & 6 over is good for the zx14 I'm thinking probably about 4 1/2 - 5 for mine.

I'll do 6 this winter.

so if you see a stretched bike on the street - how do you know by looking at it whether or not the rider races it?

Most all that stretch do it for a racing advantage. Getting low too is a racing advantage. I love turns, but want to broaden my horizons with a better drag performing bike. I bought my bike for power honestly. If I was small I'd do it to a zx10, but they're too tiny for me. Sure they turn great, but there's 2 sides of performance coming from these machines...power and turning ability. You can use either one to the max of your liking.

Tbutera - That lift is the limit and OK in my tastes. I'm not a fan of the ones that barely make it under stop lights they're so lifted.

P.S...that R1 is HOT!

i agree....theres a sweet spot between no lift and too much lift....i feel the same about swing arms and tires though

except i think my limit is a little higher than yours lol

79302c4_27.jpeg

that would be my limit

as for extended arms,

stuff like this seems a bit much

JoJos300mmBusa_05.jpg