torque specs website

redkow97

Who wants to help me create this?

I don't own a service manual, but even when I did, it was a huge pain in my ass to look up the torque specs for all 5 or 10 or 20 bolts I was putting back onto the bike.

I really wish there was just a simple site where you could pull up a list of torque specs (by make, model & year) and be done with it...

$1 charge for lifetime access, or just sell ad space. Yeah, it's all stuff that you can find for free online, but it's all in one place, and it would be accurate.

(on a side note, if anyone knows the torque numbers for the front/rear axle, axle pinch bolts, and upper and lower triple trees for a 600RR, I could use them)

I found them all online - it's just hard to search for some of them by the right name.

when i search for "600rr triple torque spec" I get results for the steering stem nut, and the bike's engine torque. Took a lot of digging to get the upper and lower torque numbers for the actual bolts that hold the forks in place.

if anyone cares, for the 600RR (03-06) the following numbers were found multiple times online (because I don't trust 600rr.net)

Rear axle: 85 ft-lbs.

front axle: 43 ft-lbs.

front axle pinch bolts: 16 ft-lbs.

upper triple clamp: 17 ft-lbs.

lower triple clamp: 20 ft-lbs.

brake caliper bracket bolts: 22/33 ft-lbs (03-04/05-06 - I assume these are different because the forks are inverted on the 05)

I would still consider creating a web site, or at least a damn spread sheet of all this info for our collective trackday use...

Shit, I might just start putting it together for a few bike models and then upload it.

I'm thinking each manufacturer gets its own "sheet" within the excel doc, and then each model bike; and generation therein gets its own column.

I could get common stuff on the 600RR done in a few hours, and move on to the 1000RR, then backward to the F4, F3, etc.

the other big 4 couldn't be that hard to track down either.

While I'm at it, may as well do hot and cold tire pressure recommendations for various tires too...