Ouch.. Dirtbike crash

flounder

I had something very similar happen to me while riding with my kids and a buddy at Wayne. I took about a 1/2" stick to the timple. Went right between my goggles and helmet. Stuck in about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I was really trying hard to play it off for my kids sake, but it sucked. Worse part was at the ER getting all the chunks out from around my scalp. I could feel them pulling my scalp away, and sticking the q-tip like thing way down around my ear. Yuck! 12 stiches inside and 8 staples on the outside.

I had something very similar happen to me while riding with my kids and a buddy at Wayne. I took about a 1/2" stick to the timple. Went right between my goggles and helmet. Stuck in about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I was really trying hard to play it off for my kids sake, but it sucked. Worse part was at the ER getting all the chunks out from around my scalp. I could feel them pulling my scalp away, and sticking the q-tip like thing way down around my ear. Yuck! 12 stiches inside and 8 staples on the outside.

From a distance that left picture

Looks like.........

Never mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a medic, (penetrated the outside only), he stated he could not feel it all the way through. But being a facial injury in the small capillary beds it would have bled like a pig...

Knarly! Holy shite still awesome, I would take that medic run anyday!

I have dumped dirtbikes a million times and never had anything like that.