Those of you who haven't called Jack at Allstate really should.

Casper

i just switched to progressive about 2 weeks ago because my insurence company raise my rate by almost a third of what i was paying. they said its cus they checked my credit score and it dropped. yet the lender from my bank for the house said my score went up. anyway ill prolly look into this guy shortly when i buy another bike.

How much you pay is important, but you are paying for that time when you have to make a claim. At least I am. We have, over the years, tried many different ins companies and found State Farm to be the best when it comes time to needing them to be there. Sometimes they are the chaepst, sometimes not, but the old adage, 'like a good neighbor.....' is true. Car accidents, homeowner claims, they have taken care of our needs. Hight winds blew half our roof off a few years back. We had a check, in our hands, the next day. Of course it helps to have a wife who's been in the insurance industry for nearly 35 years too. We have the correct coverage, have eliminated the crap, and understand the lingo, which is usually most of the problem. I wish you all well with All State. They sure do make good commercials.....

How much you pay is important, but you are paying for that time when you have to make a claim. At least I am. We have, over the years, tried many different ins companies and found State Farm to be the best when it comes time to needing them to be there. Sometimes they are the chaepst, sometimes not, but the old adage, 'like a good neighbor.....' is true. Car accidents, homeowner claims, they have taken care of our needs. Hight winds blew half our roof off a few years back. We had a check, in our hands, the next day. Of course it helps to have a wife who's been in the insurance industry for nearly 35 years too. We have the correct coverage, have eliminated the crap, and understand the lingo, which is usually most of the problem. I wish you all well with All State. They sure do make good commercials.....

I had State Farm a while back. I wrecked my Mustang. Only accident I've ever had that was my fault, and only claim I've ever filed with an insurance company. It was just me an a light pole, so no other driver and/or car to worry about. They wrote me a check for the car, and told me they'd canceled my policy. I couldn't believe it. When shopping around, I don't even bother calling them. Not much they could do to get my business back.

I had State Farm a while back. I wrecked my Mustang. Only accident I've ever had that was my fault, and only claim I've ever filed with an insurance company. It was just me an a light pole, so no other driver and/or car to worry about. They wrote me a check for the car, and told me they'd canceled my policy. I couldn't believe it. When shopping around, I don't even bother calling them. Not much they could do to get my business back.

They could definitely stand to charge a lot less than they do considering the way they try harder than any other company to only have customers that never need insurance.

They could definitely stand to charge a lot less than they do considering the way they try harder than any other company to only have customers that never need insurance.

this! After my short lived experience, State Farm's only neighbor is people whose vehicles never leave a garage

i dunno, i've had lots of "negative marks" over the years (I had a... tumultuous first few years of driving, let's just say) with at and not at fault accidents, speeding tickets, etc.

rates have always stayed competitive when comparing coverage apples to apples. i've also had the same agent at state farm since we moved to the US. my rates always reliably go down when i go for a while without a ticket or claim, and go up when i have a oopsie or moving violation.

mmmmmmmm.... I think I might have to call him and see what he can do for me....

FJ Cruiser

Blazer

zx10r x2

Home

and maybe Life ...

On auto, home and renters they're hard to beat. I think the 'great rate' I got on my RC at the beginning was a mistake by the girl who generated the quote and they had to give it to me. The reasons for the up-charge a year later were spotty at best. In the end, Allstate's about competitive with everyone else.

I called nationwide today they are about $20 per policy higher than state farm . I'm waiting to hear back from all state. I've had state farm since I was 19 or 20. The only rate I question is we traded my wife's 07 jeep commander 4x4 replacement cost in the high 30 thousands for an 08 hands element Awd and our rate went up. V8 vs 4 cylinder too. That seemed odd to me. The replacement cost of element is near 20000

I can't say as I blame you one bit.

I feel one important point is having a physical agent instead of having to deal with everything over the internet. So that eliminates several companies right there. Trouble with that is a bad agent, just like a bad experience with a claim can be a deal stopper for most. Many times (not saying this is the case with your situation) is 'insureds' just don't know what their coverage is and don't know the language of their contract.

Case in point, my oldest son refuses to ask for any advice...but thats another story...lol...but his wife got in a wreck and totaled a vehicle which had a huge balance against it with the credit union. Well when he originally signed the contract for his policy he didn't answer the question correctly (trying to keep his payments as low as possible) so ultimately his coverage didn't take care of his loss as it should have if he had just answered the questions correctly. Sure his payments would have a little more, but in the end, when he needed coverage, it wasn't there. This left him with a large debt, no car, long story short.

There's a lot to insuring yourself. Most important is understanding what you are getting for your money as well as the rep of the company insuring you.

In the 30 + years I've been around the wife listening to all the in's and out's of coverage, cost, rating....:eek:...holy crap, it's like another language. But bottomline is that an insurance company is just another business out there to make a buck. Each company is bound to legal requirements in order to write policies within each state, and each state has its own requirements. Alot of the times certain things an insurance company does in a certain state is because of state requirements, nothing else, good or bad. Each year, profit and loss of each ins company is looked at by each state, and ins co's cannot make more and more or else they have to cut rates or do something so they don't make more and more. The insurance companies for homeowners policies that we deal with have to be re insured with re insurer insurance companies for amounts equal to the total amount of coverage they have with their insureds having homeowners policies with their companies.

And this all is just a drop in the bucket as to the cause and effect of insurance rates. My wife is a systems analyst with an insurance company and is a tester for all the software development before implementation of the software into the companies mainframe. I cannot believe how often they have to upgrade and how costly each one is to an insurance company. Most of these upgrades are because of system requirements due to simple things like new Window's versions coming out, or new Internet versions coming out, and how neither will be 'friendly and play well' with current software packages. It reminds me of buying a new pc. You go out looking for the newest cutting edge unit out there and by the time you have it paid for its already outdated.

Anyway, my long rambling on just means to say ...well I :wtf: ferget....lol..no just that there is a lot more to it all than just how much you're paying for your insurance. So, not only know your coverages, but also know what the contract you are signing says.

Man I need some coffee.....lol

Just got off the phone with Jack now.

1) He's awesome to work with

2) He doubled my coverage and saved me somewhere near $150 from what I was previously paying with Allstate

3) I normally hate talking on the phone with insurance agents and normally stick to email however he was easy and pleasant to talk to while not being a pushy salesman type

Next time you talk to him.... ask him if he got my e-mail.

I emailed him and received a call about 15 mins later. I don't think I included my # but I did say in the email I recently had Allstate so he probably pulled it from my file

Just got off the phone with Jack now.

1) He's awesome to work with

2) He doubled my coverage and saved me somewhere near $150 from what I was previously paying with Allstate

3) I normally hate talking on the phone with insurance agents and normally stick to email however he was easy and pleasant to talk to while not being a pushy salesman type

Told ya he's full to BS with. :D

Next time you talk to him.... ask him if he got my e-mail.

I just got off the horn with Jack. He's reviewing your #s now Germy. He said he would have it out to you early afternoon.

• Upvote 1

Jack w also yelling me about an add on policy that of you have a wreck with injuries they cut you a check for a determined amount for said injuries. The example he used was bike goes down, you break an arm, you get a check for $3,000.

Jack w also yelling me about an add on policy that of you have a wreck with injuries they cut you a check for a determined amount for said injuries. The example he used was bike goes down, you break an arm, you get a check for $3,000.

It's called Aflac.

So far so good I called him today he needs my vin numbers for firm quotes, but the estimates look good. Our motorcyclecoveragr at state farm is over 700 a year he quoted under 300 a year. That is a huge difference I should have firm numbers Monday.

Jack is saving me a ton a year

State Farm/ Allstate rates

Cars, and trailer $140/ $121.66 month

four wheelers $624.72/ $285 year

motorcycles $725.88/ $269.25 year

Homeowners $814/ 954.55

State farm homeowners coverage was $167,000 for totoal loss and a 6,300 firearm rider.

Allstate homeowners coverage is for $237,117 for total loss plus rental coverage while rebuilding and a little over $9,000 firearm rider

Auto coverages are identical or better with all state they have a couple extra benefits included.