Those of you who haven't called Jack at Allstate really should.

Casper

Jack is saving me a ton a year

State Farm/ Allstate rates

Cars, and trailer $140/ $121.66 month

four wheelers $624.72/ $285 year

motorcycles $725.88/ $269.25 year

Homeowners $814/ 954.55

State farm homeowners coverage was $167,000 for totoal loss and a 6,300 firearm rider.

Allstate homeowners coverage is for $237,117 for total loss plus rental coverage while rebuilding and a little over $9,000 firearm rider

Auto coverages are identical or better with all state they have a couple extra benefits included.

How many 4 wheelers do you have? my Z400 is like 50 bucks a year!

I can tell he isn't an email guy, I emailed him and he called me about 5mins later. I didn't include my contact info but I previously had Allstate so he found it that way. I'd hit him with another email with your number, he did say he was pretty swamped with the amount of response he's been getting from just here alone

He did get my quotes back to me.

Auto about the same, but Allstate is slightly cheaper.

Motorcycles substantially better.

Home about the same, check that... just got an updated e-mail. Similar savings to my motorcycle quote.

I might actually switch. Though I wish he was "an e-mail guy" because I'm not really "a phone guy".

Edited by JRMMiii

He did get my quotes back to me.

Auto about the same, but Allstate is slightly cheaper.

Motorcycles substantially better.

Home about the same, check that... just got an updated e-mail. Similar savings to my motorcycle quote.

I might actually switch. Though I wish he was "an e-mail guy" because I'm not really "a phone guy".

He's worth it trust me. When I called him the other day he still had a dozen or so quotes left to do. Most just like yours. Auto, bike home, life etc.

On a different note.

The agency is also very much involved in many charity events. Especially Autism events as the agency owners child is autistic.

• 10 months later...
This guy still in Business? Anyone know? Looking to get a local agent.
Yup. Just don't have their new website address. http://agents.allstate.com/USA/OH/MARK-PORTALE.html
he doesnt respond to emails I know that! So my CBR is going to Rider
Did you call him?
Call him. Jack Garris at 614-442-7777. You could save a boatload, and he's a fun guy to shoot the shit with.

Did you call him?

originally yes. But its just so much easier the way I buy and sell shit to communicate through email and I hate using the phone. He's a nice guy and did get me the best deal I could find for full coverage on the VFR

Welp looks like I'm going to drop him an email tomorrow. I literally just switched to State Farm last week because the coverage was twice as good and half the price from my previous policy.

Get a call today saying they are dropping me in 2 weeks because I only have motorcycle coverage and nothing else. I don't own a home and I drive a company vehicle that I'm insured through the company so I don't need other forms of insurance. So State Farm will never be getting my business in the future no matter how much it saves me $

I had State Farm a while back. I wrecked my Mustang. Only accident I've ever had that was my fault, and only claim I've ever filed with an insurance company. It was just me an a light pole, so no other driver and/or car to worry about. They wrote me a check for the car, and told me they'd canceled my policy. I couldn't believe it. When shopping around, I don't even bother calling them. Not much they could do to get my business back.

I'll email this Allstate guy for a quote, but add me to the list of disgruntled State Farm people. I had SF for about 5 years, in that time the only claims I had were when I rear-ended a girl in 2005 (5k damage to both cars combined) and when I lowsided in Newark and ended up totaling the bike ($3400). Three tickets in that entire 5 year span as well. Got a call from SF in December 2009 saying they were dropping me from both auto and moto, claiming that I had 3 claims (out of stupidity/panic, I called the claims number on my card when I dropped the Katana in 2006. When she explained that the repairs would be about the same as the deductible. I opted to do it myself and not proceed with the claim. No money paid by SF.) The real kicker, SF would keep me as a client, but my rates would increase 3x. I asked them if they saw a DUI that I wasn't aware of that would necessitate that rate increase, and they laughed at me. Pulled everything including homeowners the second I got back from overseas.

I'll email this Allstate guy for a quote, but add me to the list of disgruntled State Farm people. I had SF for about 5 years, in that time the only claims I had were when I rear-ended a girl in 2005 (5k damage to both cars combined) and when I lowsided in Newark and ended up totaling the bike ($3400). Three tickets in that entire 5 year span as well. Got a call from SF in December 2009 saying they were dropping me from both auto and moto, claiming that I had 3 claims (out of stupidity/panic, I called the claims number on my card when I dropped the Katana in 2006. When she explained that the repairs would be about the same as the deductible. I opted to do it myself and not proceed with the claim. No money paid by SF.) The real kicker, SF would keep me as a client, but my rates would increase 3x. I asked them if they saw a DUI that I wasn't aware of that would necessitate that rate increase, and they laughed at me. Pulled everything including homeowners the second I got back from overseas.

State Farm did the same crap to me when I wrecked the Mustang. Never had a claim or anything until then. They wrote me the check and said oh by the way, you're insurance is canceled effective immediately.

State Farm did the same crap to me when I wrecked the Mustang. Never had a claim or anything until then. They wrote me the check and said oh by the way, you're insurance is canceled effective immediately.

Same thing happened to me. I took my motorcycle insurance business to Progressive after that.

I may give Allstate a call when it comes time to renew policies.

my fiance works for progressive but they don't get insurance premium breaks. what the hell? i basically have no incentive to marry her anymore.

I worked there for oh...about 60 seconds. I applied for a job and got accepted. The week I was supposed to start, another head hunter called and wanted me to interview for a position in Beachwood. At first I wasn't interested..since I was just hired...but I figured what the hell. Turns out the second job was a better fit. I never looked back.

Just so I didn't burn any bridges...I called progressive and told them a family member was gravely ill and I would have to move out of state to take care of them. Unfortunately, I couldn't start my position like I had planned.

I'm not proud. It was the best I could come up with on short notice.

for as much as the cbr will see the street if i keep it, I have no problem doing minimum coverage for $67 every 3 months. Its 2012, if you don't do email you better be 85 or not plan on dealing with me much :)

for as much as the cbr will see the street if i keep it, I have no problem doing minimum coverage for $67 every 3 months. Its 2012, if you don't do email you better be 85 or not plan on dealing with me much :)

58a37ad6fa428268c9e75ba3950bece9.png

I'm the same way. I just ordered a set of tires through chat because I couldn't pick up the phone.

Boy, I may get it for this. I am sure Jack is an awesome agent, and Allstate does have some very attractive prices. But boy do they suck when you make a claim.

Never had Allstate or anything other than State Farm. I have filed a few claims with SF over the years and they have always made it quick and painless to get a claim covered. No denials and even paid to fix my car when it could have been totaled. SF rates have always been competitive when I shopped them around.

Seems like all of the majors dropped HPDE coverage, grrrr.

I had to file a claim with allstate shortly after I switched to them. I was extremely happy with how they handled it. The accident probably would have been my fault if I hadn't dad the mindset to take pics. My truck was fixed fast, I drove into the claims center and was issues a check for the repairs. I had one claim under state farm that required work done to my vehicle, the process at state farm wasn't bad. I think the allstate people kept in touch with me better. If state farm was cheaper for the same coverage I would return. I still have my life policies there just because I hate to move them.