Racers Edge in Cincy??

04DayTri

Seems as though when you search for a particular model of bike on CycleTrader.com, every single bike that Racer's Edge has comes up in your search.

Evidently they tag each of their bikes with the model and engine size of every single bike ever made.

Rather annoys the shit out of me. :nono:

When I become POTUS, this will not be allowed.

I have no <actual> experience with the shop, just what I've encountered online.

i know of a few people that have got some real bargains at racers edge. but then i have heard horror stories too. things such as when they have rebuilt a bike they use parts from other bike that may not be a perfect fit or what the oem calls for but works to some extent.

just be an informed consumer and have a mechanic with ya to check out the bike you are interested in. and dont be afraid to walk away.

They usually have good prices, but just about everything is salvage and most bikes have damage, either visible or hidden.

I stopped by to check out R1s a while ago. The women working the counter seemed rude to me and my buddy :(

I asked jonni the same question a while back, the following thread on assfault junkies is a result of that:

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showthread.php?8608-racersedge-likes-dislikes

I never ended up dealing with them, but I know when I was trying to buy an '08 cbr 600rr they had parts from 06, 07 and 08 to make it look back to stock and never damaged. That kind of turned me off from doing business, its possible I will look in the future though.

I asked jonni the same question a while back, the following thread on assfault junkies is a result of that:

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showthread.php?8608-racersedge-likes-dislikes

I never ended up dealing with them, but I know when I was trying to buy an '08 cbr 600rr they had parts from 06, 07 and 08 to make it look back to stock and never damaged. That kind of turned me off from doing business, its possible I will look in the future though.

haha yes i do remember that. and if you check my last post in this thread i mention exactly what you are speaking about. parts from other wrecked bikes to make one complete bike. regardless of year.

the worst story i have heard of racers edge is about someone who got a 600rr with a rear axle bolt from what they thought was either from a 250 or 500. after a few thousand miles of riding they pulled the bolt and it had bent from not being able to handle the 180 rear. it could have caused some serious perhaps even fatal results but the rear tire vibrated so much that they were able to catch it and replace it before the bolt broke.

Edited by jonni black
grammer

haha yes i do remember that. and if you check my last post in this thread i mention exactly what you are speaking about. parts from other wrecked bikes to make one complete bike. regardless of year.

the worst story i have heard of racers edge is about someone who got a 600rr with a rear axle bolt from what they thought was either from a 250 or 500. after a few thousand miles of riding they pulled the bolt and it had bent from not being able to handle the 180 rear. it could have caused some serious perhaps even fatal results but the rear tire vibrated so much that they were able to catch it and replace it before the bolt broke.

Ha, I guess you did, I usually don't read all the posts (too many, not enough time). That could have been a terrible mistake, but anything for a quick turn around I guess. I would agree with you; 04DayTri, bring a mechanic and don't be afraid to walk away, you shouldn't have any problems then. There are other places you can find salvage bikes if he is dead set on newer and cheap, but you have to know what you are looking for so you don't get a tweaked frame or something bad. You can look into older bikes and 250's. Early 90's KBB values are under $2K now

yea hes ok with early to mid 90's.... he really doesnt care what it is or how it looks long as it runs so im sure im bound to stumble across something

I've got a '91 zx7 that I may sell. Would be in that pride range. Actually looks pretty decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems as though when you search for a particular model of bike on CycleTrader.com, every single bike that Racer's Edge has comes up in your search.

Evidently they tag each of their bikes with the model and engine size of every single bike ever made.

Rather annoys the shit out of me. :nono:

When I become POTUS, this will not be allowed.

I have no <actual> experience with the shop, just what I've encountered online.

Ditto that!

And they they do not pull down bikes when they sell...

And I've never been able to reach them on the phone...

And most of their bikes seem to be price well until you realize that it has a salvage title.

I'm not a fan of the place because they dicked me around on a bike over the phone. When I got down there to look at the bike it wasn't a clean title like he said, it was beat to shit and was 2k more than they had originally said. Thankfully I didn't make the trip down just for the bike otherwise I would've been livid. My buddy that was with me thought I was just gonna go off on the asshole I talked to on the phone but he wasn't there that day

A friend of mine bought one from them last year. After he fixed the broke stuff and got it inspected he ended up paying more for the bike than if it was used with a clean title. One day we were riding and his footpeg fell off.

The only way I would by from racersedge is if I was buying a bike I didn't plan to title.

the PMs went through and i got 3 identical lol but i passed the information along to my buddy so just waiting to here back from him and i think ive heard enough horror stories to stay far far away from racers edge