so... i bought a powder coating setup

Hoblick

grounding to just the powder coaters box..

get you a 8' ground rod & enough solid gauge 8 wire to get just into the garage. then when you coat run another wire with aligator clips from your part to your 8 gauge ...

you will get a better ground = better powder coverage/less powder waste.

(drive the 8' ground rod into the ground just outside the garage)

so... what does powder coating run?

I like the idea of doing my trailer rims (which are about 1.5 years old and starting to rust...), but that makes me think disassembling the whole damn trailer and getting it coated might not be a bad idea eventually.

worth it, or is it cheaper to just buy another HF 4x8? :p

I like the idea of doing my trailer rims (which are about 1.5 years old and starting to rust...), but that makes me think disassembling the whole damn trailer and getting it coated might not be a bad idea eventually.

wheels are easy and cheap to do..

the whole trailer.. dunno i doubt I could do any of the trailer.. dont have a big enough oven.. but a commercial place proably has a big enough oven to do the trailer without breaking it down

well recently ive been using 80 grit glass, but i was doing alot of chrome.. and i didnt want to peel the chrome off, just blast enough to coat over..

thats what i was told works the best when powdering over chrome...

and ill have to say it works well

Thomarios in Akron could do the whole trailer. They used to charge $25/wheel, not sure if they still do or not. I know they have an oven that is absolutely huge

eh, the more i think about it, the more re-painting or replacing sounds easier...

I can re-paint the thing without having to remove all the wiring. That stuff will need to be removed for powder coating so it doesn't melt to shit in the oven.

worth it for wheels, but not for the trailer frame... Hell, I can probably replace it piece by piece from HF's catalog when it starts to fall apart!

Would be cool to have the trailer match my bike though. Brown rims with orange frame:D

now the BIKE wheels will be worth powder coating maybe.