Returning rider(Dayton)

Tigerpaw

Last September I totaled my '08 Ninja 250 in a wreck with a deer just north of Kil-Kare. I escaped with no real injuries. I told myself I would wait on getting my next bike, since I will be going to Iraq for over a year. But..........I couldn't take life without a bike anymore.

I bought a new '09 Suzuki Boulevard C50(800cc). Silver/grey, huge seats, highway bars, floor boards, F/I... I love it. Insurance is pennies a year(with a less than stellar record).

Put 70 miles on last night. Already found the limits of the floor boards in the twisties. I'm glad to be on 2 wheels again.

Welcome back, glad you escaped serious injury. So far I've managed to miss all the giant rabbits. :) Hope you get some good rides in on that Suzuki. Friend of mine has one and really enjoys it.

welcome back. I hope you'll reconsider on spending "pennies a year" on insurance.

The bike is replaceable, but you aren't. Get yourself some good un-insured/under-insured motorist coverage. That will also make sure you're taken care of when some senior citizen or teenage girl hits you and doesn't realize it (or runs away).

My bike was pretty darn cheap when i rode the street, but I still paid ~$300/year for insurance to make sure I'd get fixed if someone else broke me!