Had surgery yesterday...

Scruit

I do Karate (yellow belt) and would up with a broken nose from sparring with *padded* bo staffs. Went up to the emergency room.

BrokenNose_cropped.png

bn1_cropped.png

That's not cartilage broken there - that's the bone. :cry:

That was last tuesday. Yesterday I went under for an operation to repair the damage. Short op. Felt like crap afterwards though. My calf muscles feel like I've done an epic work out ("They spasm sometimes when we put people under") and my nose feels like someone tried to hammer a pool cue up each nostril.

Back at work today. I drive a desk so no exertion to avoid. ;)

I sorta know the feeling. I got knocked out by padded staff in basic training. A strike to the head. I woke up when I hit the ground sitting up, a few feet back. Still had my staff in my hands though.

• 4 weeks later...

Back from the dead. All the bills and insurances have been processed and I'm in the hole by $4,800. :nono:

Although for your schadenfreude-esque pleasure, I found this pic on my phone. Was taken right after I woke up. I have no memory of taking this pic. :confused:

172777777_photobucket_34052_.jpg

My wife said I took this pic and was trying to post it to facebook but the cell reception was too bad there. I'll take her word for it. :wtf:

Edited by Scruit

haha, at least you took the picture of yourself. I had other people taking pics of me when i was in the hospital. One of my family members: Oh look how miserable you look *click* I'm gonna show the rest of the family.

So how long did it take before they took the cast off your nose?

4800? fuck that....i hate my job but i love my insurance lol.... 15k surgery plus physical therapy 3 times a week and i paid $10 for my initial visit copay, and not a penny after that

That's WITH insurance! $4800 is the deductible. The total before insurance was over $8000. :cry:

Current insurance is $4800 deductible then 80%, $8k max out of pocket.

At my last company they had a $4k deductible then they cover 100%. But the company reimbursed the first $3k. My max out-of-pocket for the year for $1k.

Edited by Scruit