bows and arrows?

Steve Butters

looking for a cheapish (around 100) bow.... just a traditional bow, no compound or crossbow

preferably a 30-35# draw

i saw one at gander mountain but forget the model... cant find it on their website either...but it was a cheap $100 bow and seemed nice enough for what im looking for

was wondering if anyone has some links or suggestions on what i should look at?

also, anyone link me to some arrows for cheap? the bow is only going to be used for shooting at some targets in the backyard, no hunting and no competing or anything....the ones i was seeing at gander were like $70 for a little box of them...is that the normal price?

its for my girl, so i want something with 30-35lb draw, nothing more....dont wanna rush out and buy the first (and only) one that i saw though

long or recurve bows for instinctual shooting are generally expensive. I have a Martin stick bow. It wasn't cheap.

dont need anything fancy - shes only going to be shooting it casually in the yard...like i said, i saw a cheap one at gander for 100 i would be happy with buying, but thought ide ask around first

I bought one a couple years back from gander so my girlfriend at the time could go and shoot at the range with me. I don't want it anymore, but I also don't remember anything about it. I will see it tomorrow and take some pictures of it to see if it fits the bill.

I bought one a couple years back from gander so my girlfriend at the time could go and shoot at the range with me. I don't want it anymore, but I also don't remember anything about it. I will see it tomorrow and take some pictures of it to see if it fits the bill.

cool, shoot me a PM when you do

let me know what draw length she is... If she is just going to be shooting in the back yard playing around, I can come up with some arrows. Actually if you can find out how long her arrows needs to be. We have a used arrow bin at our house. With the two of us shooting competitive for two different companies we have a bunch.

You figure out the length once you know the draw length, and then to figure out what spine you need you have to know the draw weight. Hope this helps

that sounds chinese to me.....maybe ill just go to gander mtn and buy that one i saw and ask them what arrows it takes

let me know what draw length she is... If she is just going to be shooting in the back yard playing around, I can come up with some arrows. Actually if you can find out how long her arrows needs to be. We have a used arrow bin at our house. With the two of us shooting competitive for two different companies we have a bunch.

the guy at the store said 26-27" should be plenty.

if you can come up with some arrows for me ide appreciate it. PM me whatever i owe ya for them and we can get together...thanks man

also...is there anything else i need? ide like to pick up a cheap case with a pocket on it just so she has a case to store it in and a place to put the string without losing it

but he mentioned a thing for her thumb or something.... and i remember shooting in school i would always snap myself in the wrist, do i need to get a brace or anything?