FIM world superbike Monza

grapesmuggler27

Complete bullshit. Haga missed the same turn, and no ride through.... You just can't pick up a position was my understanding. None picked up, time actually slowed too. Fuk FIM officiating in that one...

That was great racing! Now for the noob question..what seperates wsbk from motogp just sactioning bodys or what? Stupid maybe but intill I started riding I didn't care much for motorcycle racing but I'm starting to really get into it

They say you just can't gain time by short cutting. He ran about the same lap time and the trailing group gained on him. I hope they raise a big stink on this call.

Wsbk is about the same as ama superbike, motogp is prototype based as in they don't have to produce and sell a set number of bikes for it to qualify. Motogp is considered the top level of motorcycle racing.

the part of the rule that gave him the drive through was he crossed the white line that guides the rider back into the track. not because of time/position gained or lost.

still a bs technicality...

i agree though race 2 was amazing! the headshakes that melandri had were monsters! (also, melandri's misses... dayum :jawdrop:)

That was great racing! Now for the noob question..what seperates wsbk from motogp just sactioning bodys or what? Stupid maybe but intill I started riding I didn't care much for motorcycle racing but I'm starting to really get into it

with enough money you can have the exact same bikes running in wsbk series - frame and swingarm are stock. engine's are stock based but tweaked to the extreme of extremes. suspension/electronics/wheels/etc are all available "off the shelf"

with enough money and engineering you can have a similar bike to motogp - engineered from the ground up based motorcycle. everything is one off, nothing available to average joes.

Edited by natedogg624

also, melandri's misses... dayum :jawdrop:)

one of my favorite motogp quotes of all times were about melandris wife. and it came from marco simochelli. it was in an interview with RRx, they asked how different the garage is going to be with heroshi vs having melandri in the garage he proceeded to say about the only thing thats going to chance is the view i had that was supplied by the other side of the garage. :D