Why I never joined the Navy...

mhallam85

you never joined the navy (past) because of a news story that was just released yesterday?

No moron, he KNEW the Navy chaplains were WILLING to do this WAY back when he thought of joining the military.

This news article just confirmed his suspicions.

so you don't mind having straight guys look at your wiener?

Straight guys, gay guys, butch lesbians, hell I don't care, it's only a weiner! Not much of a weiner but it's a weiner.

I've served and don't care.

Now STFU and get back in your closet.

Now, now, don't be trying to draw others into your fantasy! It's not your fault you're a bottom.

Maybe I'm old, and old-fashioned, but 'marriage' to me means a man and a woman. Call it a 'civil union' or whatever, give anyone that wants to 'be married' the same rights as straight folk, just don't call it 'marriage'. Yes, words mean something to me. I don't think the GLB crowd cares what it's called, they just want the same rights as the non-GLB crowd. A rose by any other name...

As to showering in the military, men and women don't shower together because (in the womens' mind) all of the (presumed straight) men want to 'get with' any/all of the women, correct?

We know that's not true, but it makes women feel uncomfortable nonetheless.

Why is it such a stretch to think that some straight men/women wouldn't want gay men/women showering with them? They might think that all gay men/women will 'get with' any man/woman, just as some women think the same thing about straight men. I don't think any straight men would have a problem with women sharing the shower...

I personally don't care what people do in the bedroom (or the kitchen, or the backseat, or wherever). Banning gay marriage isn't going to stop anyone from doing things that some people, for whatever reason, don't like.