ZX-11 Fork Seal Help

gsxr07

Hey was looking for someone to do some fork seals for my friends bike. He's working on a budget and the guy that was going to help him bailed out. We dont have the tools to do it ourselves or we would. He already has the seals and fork oil. Its his only mode of transportation right now his nissan 200 starter took a shit.

Apperciate it!

Check with Hoblick, he seems to have a good grasp on repairs around here and nothing but good stuff all over this forum about him - I've never done one but doesnt seem TOO involved per my bike's service manual

It's easy stuff if you can follow the directions, you don't even really need a seal driver you can make one out of PVC easy enough. I'd be happy to help you out, but I'm out in Granville dunno if you wanna come that far. I've got a 43mm driver and the hex for the front axle. My rate is one six pack of cold beer, non-negotiable.

:D

The big thing people forget or neglect is replacing or double-checking that the teflon-coated bushings are still intact and in proper shape. More often than not, they need replacing....I'm pretty sure the ZX has teflon bushings.

dont mind riding out that far. Send me your number and we can talk. I can do ya better than a 6 pack, really apperciate it!

It's easy stuff if you can follow the directions, you don't even really need a seal driver you can make one out of PVC easy enough. I'd be happy to help you out, but I'm out in Granville dunno if you wanna come that far. I've got a 43mm driver and the hex for the front axle. My rate is one six pack of cold beer, non-negotiable.

:D

The big thing people forget or neglect is replacing or double-checking that the teflon-coated bushings are still intact and in proper shape. More often than not, they need replacing....I'm pretty sure the ZX has teflon bushings.

okay thanks man, ill buy the bushings tomorrow possibly even the springs too.. i really appreciate your help!!

In looking at Bikebandit's fiche, the ZX11 has 1 bushing per-fork. That's all I can see that looks like it might be a replacement part per-fork service, but the manual will tell you if there's anything else.