Cruisers???

TheBrown57

I was just wondering I think ive seen only 2-3 cruiser riders post compared to like 15-20 sport bike riders :) Thanks!!

I guess that depends on what you classify a sportbike rider as then. I don't consider my bike a sportbike. It's technically a dual sport, though I think of it more as a sport touring bike.

I guess that depends on what you classify a sportbike rider as then. I don't consider my bike a sportbike. It's technically a dual sport, though I think of it more as a sport touring bike.

Identity crisis? :lol:

Identity crisis? :lol:

The poor Vee really had an identity crisis on 555 last weekend when I scraped the peg. Had the boxes been on, I probably would've scraped the hell out of them if not wrecked. :lol:

I was just wondering I think ive seen only 2-3 cruiser riders post compared to like 15-20 sport bike riders :) Thanks!!

your 454 LTD shares a lot of DNA with sportbikes anyway.

The engine in your bike is literally half of this bike's engine block:

TG+01+Box.jpg

The 454 was later bored out to 498, and was used in the Vulcan 500 up until 2009.

It shared its engine with the 1987-2009 Kawsaki Ninja 500, which (having owned one) I would call a "sport standard" more than a sportbike, but you get the idea - you're more of a sport bike rider than you think ;-)

Plus like everyone has said, I'm cool with anyone on 2 wheels. Actually the stereotypical sport bike rider irritates me.

your 454 LTD shares a lot of DNA with sportbikes anyway.

The engine in your bike is literally half of this bike's engine block:

TG+01+Box.jpg

The 454 was later bored out to 498, and was used in the Vulcan 500 up until 2009.

It shared its engine with the 1987-2009 Kawsaki Ninja 500, which (having owned one) I would call a "sport standard" more than a sportbike, but you get the idea - you're more of a sport bike rider than you think ;-)

Plus like everyone has said, I'm cool with anyone on 2 wheels. Actually the stereotypical sport bike rider irritates me.

I personally consider sport touring bikes of the sport variety :) My bike is a crotch rocket at heart literally lol Crotch rocket engine in a cruiser frame :/ YAY high RPM engine :p

This I already know lol

I dont know bout u but im only 21 lol and fairly technically advanced i feel :D

before I owned a bike (at 22), I actually wanted a standard or a cruiser. Buying my EX500 was a last resort after 2 cruisers had been bought out from under me.

i remember thinking that "rice rockets" were dumb noise machines, and that dragging a knee was stupid.

then a couple of years into owning my EX500, I started looking into ways to make it faster (because there was no way I could afford a newer bike).

Like I said before, the EX500's engine began life as a 454, so it's hard to (reliably & cheaply) increase the performance of an engine that's already been bored at the factory to the point that its cylinder walls are so thin...

Looking for performance mods was how I found track days though. 2 bikes and 30+ trackdays later, I might actually really enjoy a cruiser for street use :D

Hah, us cruiser riders are older and not as technically advanced as the sport rider kids!! lol

I'm 34 this year with many sport years coming. :dunno: Age has nothing to do with it. It's what you like. I've just always been into powerful machines, not just bikes.

Did you see the Honda Fury bagger concept at IMS? I would totally rock that.

honda_slammer_bagger-concept_front.jpg

honda_slammer_bagger-concept_rear.jpg

i did and it was bad ass! I'd rock that in heartbeat too. I'd also easily go for a deal on a Midnight Warrior

To each their own. But if I owned that bike, you bet your ass there'd be reports of someone dressed like Batman blasting down the freeway.

only until the cops caught up to you on your slow-ass honda furry (sic):D

• Upvote 1