BSing about my "someday" bike

redkow97

Nothing bad to say about z1000 or FZ1, but they aren't cheap to buy or insure.

If I start leaning toward the liter I-4 route, I'd be more inclined to check out older Bandit 1200's, and just strip it down so it looks more like a naked SV650

I use to have a 1200 bandit cool bikes I miss mine a lot. i did just what you said stripped it down and hoppedit up. here is a pic of it after it was redone.

bikepics-32874-full.jpg

Hey red after my hop up parts were on mine dynoed 121 hp and 87 ftlbs at the wheel. I had a holeshot 1/2 pipe with a stage 3 holeshot jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer picked up almost 20hp and 10ftlbs from it. I went with the cheap route for the front forks and just added a spacer that was longer then the stock one and changed the fork oil to a heavier weight. it handled pretty good for a naked standard. use to surprise full on sport bikes with it in the twisties.

It's Harley-based, so the oil kinda changes itself whether you like it or not. :p

I have had no leaking or burning oil problems with my buell. I have 12000 miles on it now. you cant put a monster in this as for all the cost that comes with having a ducati your like a slave to a ducati dealer lol.