2010 vs. 2011 Speed Triple?

LINK

I am seriously considering one of the two.

The price of the new 2010 with the dealer added accessories, speed screen, chin spoiler, seal cowl, and exhaust, looks like it will be close to $4K less than the new 2011 with no accessories added.

What do you guys think, while taking into consideration the many upgrades the 2011 has seen compared to the 2010 with accessories, which would you choose?

Thank you for the advice!

This is absolutely a no-brainer. Get the 2010. Last of the round headlights. They'll get rarer over time while the squinty headlights will get more common over time.

OK, headlights aside and trying to be serious, I don't think the changes for 2011 are worth another $4k.

Totally irrelevant aside: I went back and reviewed the changes, to refresh my memory, and laughed a little that one of the things that changed from 2010 to 2011 was they made the rear wheel larger, 6 inches instead of 5.5 inches, to better fit a 190 rear tire. Hmmm, just like the 6-inch wheel and 190 tire on my 1997 Speed Triple. Back to the future?

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking the same thing, the 2010 is a better deal by far.

If you were shopping for a new motorcycle, what would be your choice, Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, and what model?

More than likely I will end up with the SV1000S, and the new bike I choose.

The Triumph Thunderbird Storm I looked at today really caught my attention, I must be getting old.

10 and ask for the stock exhaust. Or hunt for the anniversary edition.

Why ask for the stock exhaust?

The aftermarket exhaust is not the Arrow exhaust, I forget what he said it was, it is a British Company who makes it, single exhaust that exits just behind the rider peg.

Personally I think I might like the undertail exhaust better.

Of course the best deal I can get, but with the brands mentioned they should all be close to my budget.

I think he was asking if "we" were shopping for a new bike, what would be OUR budget to buy what "we" want...

btw - nice lookin' Z1k

Probably a Yamaha Midnight Warrior and/or a large V-twin sportbike.

Nicely done, you indirectly suggested I consider a Midnight Warrior...;)

I think he was asking if "we" were shopping for a new bike, what would be OUR budget to buy what "we" want...

btw - nice lookin' Z1k

Sorry I missed that, I think your right, $13K OTD on a new purchase.

Thank you for pointing that out, and the Z1K compliment.

It's the wolf trident exhaust. I would ask for the stock one because you could sell it. Or you could give it to ne I think that the stock exhaust is sexy as hell. Hence my only desire for a newer triple.

MSRP on the 2011 is $11,800, so if you're getting the 2010 for $7800.... excellent. If not, find a different dealership. My bet is that they're wanting $13+ for the 2011.

Sorry I missed that, I think your right, $13K OTD on a new purchase.

Thank you for pointing that out, and the Z1K compliment.

No problem, figured that's what happened when I saw your reply :D

It's the wolf trident exhaust. I would ask for the stock one because you could sell it. Or you could give it to ne I think that the stock exhaust is sexy as hell. Hence my only desire for a newer triple.

Yeah I think that might be the exhaust, good point, other than giving it to you...:) Correction I think the pipe is from British Customs.

MSRP on the 2011 is $11,800, so if you're getting the 2010 for $7800.... excellent. If not, find a different dealership. My bet is that they're wanting $13+ for the 2011.

The 2011 is $11,799 plus tax & fees in stock form, The 2010 is $10,900 OTD, with all the accessories included, I do not know what that translates into if the 2010 was in stock form, my guess is around $8500, maybe less.

If I added the accessories the 2010 has to the 2011, that is where the $4,000 dollar difference came from, my bad, I should have been more clear on that.

Edited by LINK

I have the 15th Anniversary Edition and love it. You won't regret it.

I sat on the 2011 at the bike show in Cleveland and the riding position was a bit lower than mine, but overall it felt the same.

I've got a MIVV Carbon GP exhaust on mine and I love the sound. The tune for it is looking to be a bit harder to get dialed in, but I'll get it eventually.

Anden, you can have my stock exhaust pretty heap if you really want it. Its just collecting dust in the garage.

Another vote for the 2010 with the accessories - the 2008+ models are already upgraded with improved FI and brakes from my 2006, which I already think is one of the best bikes I've ever ridden.

One word of caution, once you hear the exhaust note from an aftermarket setup, you'll never be satisfied with stock :devil: