I am in love

tyler524

So I have seen them before but never really looked into them too much but I started looking at them more and I want one. I want a Ducati Sport Classic 1000 not the GT1000 but the sport model. They are complete sex on wheels and if I can find one for sale, I will be at the bank the next day trying to get a loan. I don't want to finance a toy but I would make an exception. I have done a few searches and there does not seem to be anything out there for sale at all in black and only a few in general.

ducati-sport-1000_029-1256051501.jpg

ducati-sport-1000_030-1256051471.jpg

ducati-sport-1000_039-1256051449.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/20/review-ducati-sport-1000-lives-up-to-its-heritage/

oodle.com search says there's a black 2010 at Competition Accessories.

Listed on CycleTrader. But I didn't see it there. Price is $10,995.

Cheapest is black 2009 in Jacksonville FL. $4,200.

Nope, nevermind. Those all look like GT1000 touring model.

I don't see any Sport1000. Those were made 2006-2008.

Here... this might be the Sport1000 in PA in Yellow-Orange $6,900;

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2006-Ducati-Sport-Classic--98658708

Edited by ReconRat

I just don't see the alure. To each his own and I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy. TO ME the bike looks dated and the exhaust looks like an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong I respect all bikes, please explain why this bike is so sexy cause I just don't see it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to be rude :)

I have a yellow '07 sportclassic. The one in your pics is a black '07 or newer as it is a Biposto. Nobody makes an undertail exhaust for the '07 and up, you need an '06 mono for the Zard underseat kit. As for the ethanol intolerant tank, yes. I have already had my tank replaced twice due to swelling, distortion and paint pealing.

Still love the bike and would buy it again if I had it to do over.

I just don't see the alure. To each his own and I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy. TO ME the bike looks dated and the exhaust looks like an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong I respect all bikes, please explain why this bike is so sexy cause I just don't see it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to be rude :)

What you call "dated" is what I like about it. It is taking the classic look of the late 60s and 70s cafe style bikes and combining it with a touch of a modern look and technology. The exhaust could have been better but at the same time what could they have really done with it?

That's cool man, I think id like it better if the exhaust was curved higher and exited in more of an undertail style.

The more I look at it, the more it grows on me, looks kinda like mad max meets maximum overdrive meets the duel.

The whole point of the bike is to look "dated"...lol. I love this bike as well, as with most other Ducati's they are absolutely gorgeous. Good luck on your search, hope you find just the bike you are looking for!

Here is the bike they modeled it after. A mid 70's Sport 750.

PICT3192.jpg

You can start to see the styling similarities when you compare it to a new one.

PICT4364.jpg

I just wish I owned the older one to go with my '07 :rolleyes:

Edit: Jamez, check out the NCR New Blue. It is a faired sport classic with higher tucked in pipes.

Edited by vf1000ride

This makes me wonder why there isn't a cottage industry for kit bikes. I can built a

Replica Shelby cobra from a box of parts, shipped to my door, and the result is almost as cool as the original, runs better (0 miles), and costs a ton less.

I would totally make a replica "classic" Duc with a more modern engine and transmission.

I just think a "kit" bike would give you the chance to get everything you love about the old bike, but make it a lot safer, more reliable, and ultimately more rideable than the original.

Think about that old Duc with better brakes, a reliable and more powerful engine, modern cartridge-style forks and shocks, and gauges that actually work.

I'm sold on this idea. Hell, this is the type of operation you could set up in your garage if you built a frame jig and had 2 or 3 crate motors to build around... Replica tanks and fenders couldn't be that expensive to produce.

This makes me wonder why there isn't a cottage industry for kit bikes. I can built a

Replica Shelby cobra from a box of parts, shipped to my door, and the result is almost as cool as the original, runs better (0 miles), and costs a ton less.

I would totally make a replica "classic" Duc with a more modern engine and transmission.

Ill sell you a replica cobra for 40k :D

For the guys who where talking kit bikes. Here is a link for a guy that did something similar. It's a '78 motor and frame with modern sportclassic suspension parts and other goodies thrown into the mix.

http://www.bikeexif.com/ducati-900-gts

The Tron bike is cool but they never got the sound of it with those pipes right for the trailer. Should sound closer to this;

http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/vf1000ride/?action=view&current=PICT4383.mp4

or on the dyno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhWo4bwuiAs