Those that Carry?

Monstrosity

I'm not worried about a big scary guy openly carrying a firearm. It's the little guy that can't fight his way outta a paper bag attempting to hide a gun that's crudely tucked in his waist band because he's gangsta, that scares me. It amuses me how frightened some people are when they see a firearm. If they really understood they probably wouldn't be as scared, unless they were looking into the boom hole on the business end. Awhile back I had some family visit from D.C.. My uncle and I began talking about our guns and going to the range. My cousin's husband seemed baffled. Then he said he was surprised we were talking about our guns when we just met him. He told us that in D.C. most people think of gun owners as criminals. If you let people know you have a gun they act as if you said your a rapist. Now that's a scary thought the people in our capital fear guns.

Dont judge the book until you have opened the cover and read the pages that lay within...

I have friends and buddies that carry. Hardass. That would laugh at this guy I am sure of it. A few 5th group retirees and a few Ranger buddies. Yes a few have a assortment of Tats that would roll the stomach of most. They all carry. Just like I do. I just have scares in place of tats. I have tried to tat over top of one scare I have but the skin is too thin and it cannot hold it.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

Who is responsible for my safety?

The supreme court has ruled police are not actually obligated to protect me. Besides, there is almost no chance they will be there to protect me if I need it. If firemen put out fires then why do people have fire extinguishers in their homes? Because the firemen can't respond to an emergency in 3 seconds and neither can the police, but a fire extinguisher in the home, or a gun in the pocket can do so.

So who is responsible for my safety?

I AM

Private citizens defend themselves with guns an estimated 2.5 million times per year in the US. 2.4 million of these incidents go unreported to the authorities mostly because a gun ended the incident with no actual crime taking place. Of reported crimes stopped with a gun 83.5% of the time the attacker used force of some kind first. 92% of the time the attack was ended by just brandishing a firearm. Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives. Robbery victims are 4 times more likely to be injured if they do not resist at all than if they resist with a gun. Robbery victims are 7 times more likely to be injured if they resist in any way other than a gun than if they resist with a gun. 77% of all violent crimes take places in public places.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because, unarmed and facing an armed thug, I am inadequate.

I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

I did not write this.

I'm conflicted on this issue. I don't mind, but at the same time I don't mind as much when I'm also carrying. If a guy walked up I didn't like and had one on his hip, I want one on my hip. Then we're cool.