sv's

Ryan218

So in my search for a bike im coming up empty handed on a bike. I have been looking for a r6 but after doing some reading on the sv650's I am interested in hearing more about them as whatever bike I end up with be more for a driver to work to save on gas. (80 miles a day to and from work is killing me in my jeep ) and as a fun toy on the weekend. I was hoping someine on here owns one and can tell me some more about them, and possible where would be the best place to find one for a decent price.

There is a really nice Kawasaki 650R for sale on here.. id check that out..

For commuting with the occasional "spirited" ride, the EX650 is probably better than the SV650. Should get a few ticks better at the pump as well.

Nothing against SV's at all. I've never heard anyone who owned one have anything bad to say about them.

I love my sv.. It's enough bike for anyone.. I got lucky and picked mine up for $2500 with less than 5K on it. But craigslist is your friend. Also svrider.com but most of those guys are out if state, that's a good resource site for upgrades and quick fixes..

Im picky. I hate yellow. And im not a fan of green. Either blue or black or red. And I want a r6. Cbr's an d gsxr I not comfortable on.

Lol, every single one has pretty much identical ergos. Sit on an SV. They're a little longer, so it won't be the same as the others.

Also, there's no such thing as "saving on gas" with a sportbike. The money saved goes towards maintenance, tires, or insurance. It's not cheaper, trust me.

Oh and....V-twins are God's gift to the motorcycling world. :bow:

Kbye.

Lol, every single one has pretty much identical ergos. Sit on an SV. They're a little longer, so it won't be the same as the others.

Also, there's no such thing as "saving on gas" with a sportbike. The money saved goes towards maintenance, tires, or insurance. It's not cheaper, trust me.

Oh and....V-twins are God's gift to the motorcycling world. :bow:

Kbye.

I drive 80 miles a day just for work and get 15-20 anything would be better then that lol. Plus im wanting a toy. Wanted another mustang but after checking insurance for it being in my name for 300 a month vs a bike of 56 a month. Checked with the vin of my buddies gsxr 600.

I love my sv.. It's enough bike for anyone.. I got lucky and picked mine up for $2500 with less than 5K on it. But craigslist is your friend. Also svrider.com but most of those guys are out if state, that's a good resource site for upgrades and quick fixes..

There are a bunch of SVR members in ohio! I would know...

Anywho, Ryan, you really can't go wrong with an SV. The v-twin torque is addicting and really enjoyable on the street. At ~70hp, it won't run down an R6 on the highway, but nobody really needs to be doing 120+ on the street right?

In the twisties, the SV will really surprise a lot of people. In stock trim, the SV's bargain bin suspension will be the #1 performance concern. The bike is sprung for a 130lb rider and the suspension isn't adjustable.

Fortunately, buy-in on an SV is really low, so you can upgrade and customize it to suit your needs.

I second Ms. Holly. I LOVE my SV. Picked it up cheap, personalized it just the way I want it, and also have about $2500 into it. Handles great, sounds great, and is comfortable. I like the second gen (2003+) better than the first gens.

No complaints at all. None. I've had a lot of bikes pass through my hands, and this is by far one of my favorites. I don't need 135 hp on the street.

My project:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=74662

Edited by YSR_Racer_99

I second Ms. Holly. I LOVE my SV. Picked it up cheap, personalized it just the way I want it, and also have about $2500 into it. Handles great, sounds great, and is comfortable. I like the second gen (2003+) better than the first gens.

No complaints at all. None. I've had a lot of bikes pass through my hands, and this is by far one of my favorites. I don't need 135 hp on the street.

My project:

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=74662

I love your bike. It is exactly what I want to do with one.

That's ME! but it's being sold tomorrow.... *fingers crossed*

V twins are a little more torquey, but for what you described, I'd also recommend the inline twin. It's smooth as butter, and still plenty fun for the weekend rides.

Plus it looks nicer than the SV's.

My $.02.

A SV is a great bike. I had an 07 with a slip on and PC with a tune and it did everything I asked it too.

Decent for two up riding and a great commuter.

V-Twin is sexx.

Parts are cheap, suspension is easily upgradeable/swapped for more aggressive riding if need be and insurance is lots cheaper.

If you're new to bikes too it will allow for a better learning curve than a 600 IMO as well.

hello!!! does my bike have aids or something???

Not looking to spend that much bud. Nice bike but I have 3500 to play with right now and im lookin g to spend 3k. But will spend a little more for the right bike. Im 200lbs that being said would the sv not be sutied for me? I've found an r6 I like but the price I feel is to high and he wont budge. 99 r6 with 17k and he wants 3k. Been repainted and all new plastics and fork which makes me leary. Seems as if it was laid down pretty decent. Missed out on a deal for a 03 r6 for 2500 with 8500 miles on it. I should of just called of work and picked it up, was to late on it by the time I got off work. :( anyone knows of a bike for sale im open for suggestion in my price range. Went and got my endourcment today so im wanting to get on a bike soon lol.

A SV is a great bike. I had an 07 with a slip on and PC with a tune and it did everything I asked it too.

Decent for two up riding and a great commuter.

V-Twin is sexx.

Parts are cheap, suspension is easily upgradeable/swapped for more aggressive riding if need be and insurance is lots cheaper.

If you're new to bikes too it will allow for a better learning curve than a 600 IMO as well.

What did you do with said PCIII?

Not looking to spend that much bud. Nice bike but I have 3500 to play with right now and im lookin g to spend 3k. But will spend a little more for the right bike. Im 200lbs that being said would the sv not be sutied for me? I've found an r6 I like but the price I feel is to high and he wont budge. 99 r6 with 17k and he wants 3k. Been repainted and all new plastics and fork which makes me leary. Seems as if it was laid down pretty decent. Missed out on a deal for a 03 r6 for 2500 with 8500 miles on it. I should of just called of work and picked it up, was to late on it by the time I got off work. :( anyone knows of a bike for sale im open for suggestion in my price range. Went and got my endourcment today so im wanting to get on a bike soon lol.

I'm 250 on a good day, and the bike is fine, but that may be due to the ZX10 rear shock (direct, quick swap. No mods needed) and the beefier GSXR front end. Never rode the SV with the stock suspension. Got it home, started taking it apart.

Go check out SV Rider if you think an SV might fit you.

Shameless plug: Vote for me. I'm in the running for SV of the Month over there.