WTB - '86-'88 FZ600 Fuel tank

Helmutt

This post is actually for a friend that's been rebuilding his FZ600 -- He's telling me that it's possible an early model FZR tank may fit as well, but not sure?? Anyone that know's these old FZ's and FZR's could probably help us out here.

wanting a decent fuel tank ( little / no rust inside - but exterior doesn't matter much as he'll have it prepped/painted )

He also is needing a windscreen, but he's considering an aftermarket on that if nobody has one laying around.

Let me know fella's!

here you go......Tank

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200588080225&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

OG windscreen + fairing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230429503028&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Pretty sure 89+ yrs fzr's tanks will not fit..Those yrs. have a plastic cover w/ a fuel cell underneath,

Thanx for the linx bro.......I'll definitely forward these on to him -- for now he's attempting to sand it all back down and spot weld the rust pits and grind before resealing WITHOUT painting it first:D:D

Hopefully it seals this time since he'd just invested a few hundred into the paintjob only to find gas bubbles forming on top of the tank

Thanx for the linx bro.......I'll definitely forward these on to him -- for now he's attempting to sand it all back down and spot weld the rust pits and grind before resealing WITHOUT painting it first:D:D

Hopefully it seals this time since he'd just invested a few hundred into the paintjob only to find gas bubbles forming on top of the tank

Find an old hotrod guy that knows how to work with lead body filler. That will take care of the pin holes and rust pits