Can anyone help with youtube video??

Bkizz

I want to make a new youtube video talking about my accident and how I've gotten back into riding despite my injury. I'd also like to get some footage of me riding. I made a video last year but the picture and sound quality is horrible...and I really didn't get any good riding footage. Does anyone have a decent camera with HD video? How about movie editing skills? I can splice videos together but adding music and talking over video I can't do.

If anyone local has skills and would be willing to give me a hand with this, I'd really appreciate it!! Beer and pizza on me. :D I'd also like to snap a few shots of the bike and my old helmet so I can send them to SHOEI.

you need to look into the gopro HD Hero cams, they are the absolute best at recording on bikes and cars, they are full HD and do not pick up wind noise so all you hear is the bike and the person on it.

Edited by JStump

I've got a GoPro I can lend you. Or even ride behind you and take footage.

edit: I saw his^ lagrange location and assumed it was you. We could arrange something and meet at iron pony or something sometime. I would like to go try on some lids anyway.

Windows movie maker should be enough for what you want to do.

If not and you want some free tools

http://www.3alternatives.com/free-alternatives-adobe-premiere-pro

I have adobe premiere experience, but it's been awhile, I don't have a machine that'll run it anymore, and I'm too cheap to buy a version so I look for free alternatives like the ones I posted above. It's as straightforward or can get as complicated as you want to make it.

I use the little 808 car remote spy cameras. You can find them on Ebay anywhere from $8 for the cheap ones to the HD versions for roughly $40 like the one reviewed in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj26JjSiazQ&feature=player_embedded

You can find all the information you want on them here, http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

I bought one of the cheap ones to try it out and plan on buying one of the HD versions. I like these cause if you lose it while riding, your out $40 instead of a few hundred.

Here's a couple pictures of mine in a tic-tac box and it just velcros to the front of my bike.

The lens on the front is a jelly lens wide angle made for cell phones, http://www.amazon.com/Jelly-Lens-Angle-Camera-Phone/dp/B0027E531I

P1040435.jpg

P1040439.jpg

Here's a video I made messing around with Windows Movie Maker. Again, this is a cheap version of the camera so the quality sucks, but the HD version is pretty good. Watch the link above and you can see how good it is.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2079666792298

Edited by Kent2406

i have some basic editing software.. brian get ahold of me i can mix vid/ sound chop clips and what nots
Thanks man! I may definitely have to take you up on that offer...just gotta get some footage first.
Windows movie maker should be enough for what you want to do.

Yea, I have the new version of Movie Maker on Windows 7 and it doesn't have as many features. Now that I think about it, I downloaded some editing software a few months back...I'm just not really savvy on how to use it so it may take some practice.

As far as the HD camera goes, I don't necessarily need something small that will attach to my bike/helmet. What I had in mind was a couple guys driving behind/beside me...the passenger with a camera in his hand. I just don't have a camera that shoots HD and was curious if anyone else did.

if you need film we can help out there too.. i know andy would help me. so just let us know we can get something rolling "literally" i'll be gone till monday so if you hit me up it will be a min till i get to ya monday

AWESOME! I could definitely use the two of you guys for filming. Like I said, one riding shotgun with a camera would be good enough. I would like to get the the footage next week since the weather will be nice.

brian i have a few HD gopros if needed, ill help doing any filming.. when it comes to editting.. im out lol.. havent got that down yet

let me know.

Awesome! Thanks so much for offering. Do you have a regular sized HD camera? Regardless, the gopro would do the job but I was under the impression they are meant to be mounted and not held for shooting.

Mykill I bought a couple of those mini spy cams off eBay. Battery life is about an hour. It records in 15 min increments. Memory is whatever size card you put in it. I have a 2g. Haven't tried to fill it up yet. I'll def look into the gopro cams.