Anyone use this style holster?

idodishez

I have one similar to that, made by Fobus. In order to draw it, you must pull straight up. I don't like it at all, only keep it as a backup holster. It can be a pain to draw and I don't trust the retention system. If you want an OWB, get a Blackhawk Serpa CQC holster.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=serpa+cqc&qscrl=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4663473342064018634&sa=X&ei=APjfTaXoGJCosAOz9qC3Bw&ved=0CFUQ8gIwBA

I love mine and I know Jagr loves his. Quite a few others here use them too.

Yeah like Chebby said Go try a Blackhawk.

Especially if your looking for some sort of retention. It's a very natural draw. They can be found for around $30,

Good to know about the fobus. I'll rethink that.

Without hearing the praise on the ones referenced, the active

restraint would concern me. Push a

button to release? Doesn't that create fumbling?

I did look them up. Didn't see any specifically for my millenium. Taurus millennium pt140. Think it's similar frame to an XD. But w an active restraint I would think exact model is critical, no?

+1 on the cqc. Like he said its a natural draw. As u place your hand to draw your finger is right on the release button. Once released & drawn your finger is right on the frame where it should be. Gun specific no. I have an S&W .40. The holster is for a glock 23 I believe. It's been awhile so I don't remember. I checked the ccw forum & found out which would fit. Even the gun store learned something new. No problems, no adjustments. Cash & carry...literally. :big grin:

It looks like the Blackhawk serpa made for the Taurus 24/7 will fit your piece. Thake it to vances or a similar shop that carries CQCs and check the fit.

My instructor liked paddle holsters. His reasoning was that it was quite easy to remove when exiting a vehicle. Don't have to get out, stand up, and fumble around where people can see you.

Fobus was the first out with that type and style of holster and retention system. And it's really a spin off from Israeli military gear. So I'm not surprised if the Blackhawk is better.

It looks like the Blackhawk serpa made for the Taurus 24/7 will fit your piece. Thake it to vances or a similar shop that carries CQCs and check the fit.

Thanks. I'll Check it out.

Still not sure I'm going to get used

To a strong side carry. Seems like it would be always in the way when in the car, and hard to get to when u need to draw. (I'm used to appendix carry). Maybe I just need to try it out for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not so much the hitting it on the way in or out of the car that concerns me. It's having a rock jambed between the car seat and your butt while driving.

As for drawing, it just seems like

It would be awkward to have to reach behind you to draw.

Again, I'll just have to actually try it when my CHL finnally comes

It's not so much the hitting it on the way in or out of the car that concerns me. It's having a rock jambed between the car seat and your butt while driving.

As for drawing, it just seems like

It would be awkward to have to reach behind you to draw.

Again, I'll just have to actually try it when my CHL finnally comes

These are more for wearing at the 3 o'clock position, just like a cop. As for it being there in the car, you get used to it.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, went to a gun show this past weekend. They actualy had a Blackhawk for the Taurus 24/7 (where none of the local gun shops did) so i tried it, and no go. My PT140 stuck out way too far, never fully seated in the holster. So I ended up going with a Fobus. Not sure Im a fan. If I understand correctly, the Fobus and the Blackhaek Serpa are similar if not identical in design/style. so its not the Fobus necessarilly that Im not a fan of. Its the amount that it sticks out. If I wear it at the 3:00 position, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The holster alone probably adds a good 3/4" to 1" of thickness. So concelement under my shirt is not real good. To my suprose, it is actually pretty unnoticable in the car at the 3:00 position. doesnt get in the way of the seat belt or feel like a rock between the seat and my hip.

Now if I move it to about the 5:00 position, it conceals MUCH better. Its also more comfortable, not jabbing me in the side. But impossible to sit down with it in this position, and definately feels like a rock jambed between the seat in the car.

What do you guys do? Do you slide the holster to different postions when you get into and out of the car or otherwise sit down? Do you not have the problem Im describing with concealment at the 3:00 positition?

Maybe I should try IWB pancreas carry again. That was what got my .38 all rusty though

Most of the time, it's IWB with this, Milt Sparks Versa Max 2:

2861546e.jpg

Or if it's OWB, I use Raven Concealment System Phantom:

photo-5.jpg

photo-6.jpg

I'm a lefty, so I only carry at the 8:30-9:00 position. It's a lot more comfortable. There's a reason why some of the top trainers don't carry at 5 or 7 o'clock...if you fall to your back, it's a lot harder to get to your gun. Plus there's always a chance to f-ed up your spine w/ landing on your gun.