Born again at 5650

TSB67

Got a motorcycle license plate this morning for the first time in three years. Spent about 12 hours putting this bike back together. Was gearing up for maiden voyage just before 11 when a thunderstorm hit. At least I didn't get caught in it. Probably better anyway as I was exhausted and amped up at the same time. Feels like the first time all over again...

257lo1s.jpg

260g4yw.jpg

Maiden voyage today, rode to Midohio up 314 which was actually kinda nice. Took 71 home which kinda sucked, but it sprinkled briefly when I was leaving and I had no idea whether or not I was in for a pop-up thunderstorm like last night. I did get an uncontrollable grin in my helmet about 3 miles into my ride, but after that it was kinda meh. Rolling along at 55 or whatever seems so pathetic, everytime I enter a bend I want to roll on throttle when I see the exit, then I remember I'm already "at the limit." It's kinda sad in that I feel I've put the bike out to pasture.

Anyhow, it looks sexy as phuck, here's a pic I snapped on my phone.

1zx86kl.jpg

What needed done that it took 12 hours?

Nothing that seems like it would take 12 hours, but I'm kinda slow and particular and that's pretty much how everything I do goes. By the time I sorted through all the stock bits and associated hardware that had been in my basement for three years, as well as the Service Honda order for all the parts I cannibalized, cleaned everything up, figured out how it all went back together and got it done, it was a long day.

Oh, and I guess if you missed it, this was my track-only bike for the past three years that you see in my avatar. I picked up a slightly less pristine example and moved all the track parts and whatever else I needed over to get that one done.

Gave it a fair try this week (5 days, 450 miles) and decided I'm not into the street riding thing, at least not on a supersport. Bike is for sale as soon as I get a chance to shake down the new track bike (probably June 18th).