OSU Coach Jim Tressel RESIGNS!

SWing'R

..makes you wonder why Pryor didn't follow Rich Rod to UM now.

Rich rod is a shady cat...I was at Glenville State when he was coach before he went to WVU. I saw the kind of program he ran there.

Rich rod is a shady cat...I was at Glenville State when he was coach before he went to WVU. I saw the kind of program he ran there.

And Pryor was ALL set to go to UM with Rich Rod (previously WVU).....so, what does that tell you about OSU's program?

Thanks Tress,I really enjoyed your run.

As far as this mess and many others...it's long past time to start paying the players,say $50k a year,everyone the same.It would only be about $5 million,chump change to these slave-trader universities.Every other greedy bastard in the college is making money off of these guys,let them have a crumb.

The same stuff that is happening at OSU, alledgedly happened at YSU while JT was there. He is not as clean as he wanted everyone to think. IMO there isn't a program out there that's isn't dirty to some degree. The Universities make too much money not to bend/break the rules to some extent.

The same stuff that is happening at OSU, alledgedly happened at YSU while JT was there. He is not as clean as he wanted everyone to think. IMO there isn't a program out there that's isn't dirty to some degree. The Universities make too much money not to bend/break the rules to some extent.

I have always had a really hard time believing that these star players on any team even if its Div 2, don't see any special treatment from people in the community. I guess I just always assume these star plays are getting discounts and free shit from restaurants, stores, wherever.

SI is going to report tomorrow that there are 28 players involved, going back to 2002. 15 of the players are CURRENTLY playing (this includes the suspended 6). The gear was traded for tats AND marijuana. SI will also allege that he may have broken NCAA rules when he was an assistant OSU back in the 80's.

Lets face it guys, as long a sports figures are hailed as heros, make millions of dollars in the pros and allowed to act like immature children with loaded guns, the college and high school situation with players will continue. It is the rare athlete who truly displays physical ability and moral ability. As to Tressel's abilities, I think he did very well keeping a bunch of spoiled brats in line, making the university happy and maintaining a college program that could win games.

• Upvote 1

Lets face it guys, as long a sports figures are hailed as heros, make millions of dollars in the pros and allowed to act like immature children with loaded guns, the college and high school situation with players will continue. It is the rare athlete who truly displays physical ability and moral ability. As to Tressel's abilities, I think he did very well keeping a bunch of spoiled brats in line, making the university happy and maintaining a college program that could win games.

you said it all

If by keeping spoiled brats in line you mean breaking NCAA rules, then yeah I guess he did a good job at that.

Like I used to tell my X's kid. If you just have to do stupid shit, at least be smart enough to not get caught. When you get caught everyone thinks your a criminal and an idiot. And their right. :nono:

Not being a sports fan, this whole thing confuses me. The college players help make the various universities bazillions of dollars, but if they accept a free ride or a free beer (or sell a ring), suddenly they are pariahs. This sounds like a real deal if you are the college. If you are a player - not so good.

Whether or not the rules are BS is a totAlly separate debate. The fact is that the players were well aware they were breaking rules they had agreed to follow, and then tressel lied about his knowledge of the incidents.

They're making an example of OSU because theyre at the top of the big 10. It's the same reason people request engine tear-downs for the racers who are winning, but not the guys in 15th place. There is always more scrutiny at the top.

Anyone defending Tressel is delusional. JT is a hypocritical douche bag. He reads the bible and pretends to be holier than though, but the minute you leave the room he's plotting on the next rule he's gonna break. You folks are made at Pryor??? Really? You should be mad at Tressel!! He has a HISTORY of this exact same thing people...he had this cloud over him when OSU first hired him. And yeah...everyone is mad at Pryor...right. I remember everyone being mad at Maurice Clarret too (me included) and calling him a liar and an idiot. Well, looks like Maurice was telling the truth!If even half the things SI has uncovered is true, JT is STILL a douche bag. The only reason folks are defending him is because he wins football games. If this was Cooper, you all would be crucifying him.

Come on...you mean to tell me JT had NO IDEA this stuff was going on? Even though the same shit happened at YSU? For 10 years kids were taking stuff out of the locker room and getting autographs...and most likely JT's autograph was on some of that stuff (according to the article, the tat shop employees liked stuff with multiple autographs). And let's say you somehow believe he was ignorant of that..what about all the shit that went down with Clarret and Smith? nCalling the police witha fabricated story FROM JT's office...the allgeations, once again, that JT hooked the players up with the money men....come one. Give me a fucking break.

i don't have the patience or care to read everything but all of college football is corrupt. Ohio State got caught and now they pay the price. I don't know exactly all the details but personally it pisses me off that a bunch of no good rotten kids who think they are entitled to things and shit can do this and it gets mostly pinned on a coach. Is he innocent in this? Absolutely not. Its just dumb as shit, hes a coach and should have to worry about winning games and not being a babysitter

Agreed...but that's a different topic for another discussion.

And you can't say it's 'mostly pinned on the coach' if you haven't read what's going on. JT is a FACILITATOR of rule breaking. He allowed this to happen...and this didn't start with the Tat 5.

I'm still in disbelieve here that people are mad at the athletes....when JT has been doing this for years.

Agreed...but that's a different topic for another discussion.

And you can't say it's 'mostly pinned on the coach' if you haven't read what's going on. JT is a FACILITATOR of rule breaking. He allowed this to happen...and this didn't start with the Tat 5.

I'm still in disbelieve here that people are mad at the athletes....when JT has been doing this for years.

Like I said in no way am I saying is he innocent or that its all the athletes faults. Everyone involved has to share a burden of the blame for their participation in said rule breaking

Who's worse? Lindsay "Lowhand" and Brit-nay Spears or their parents? Poor analogy I'm sure but you get the idea. The people committing crimes are guilty of breaking the law, and those who try to hide or help hide it are guilty of complicity. Which crime is worse?

Who's worse? Lindsay "Lowhand" and Brit-nay Spears or their parents? Poor analogy I'm sure but you get the idea. The people committing crimes are guilty of breaking the law, and those who try to hide or help hide it are guilty of complicity. Which crime is worse?

They're both wrong...they both share responsibility, but some of buckeye nation are in denial and are blaming Pryor for everything. That's what I don't get. Like I said...if this had been Cooper or if JT wasn't beating Michigan, everyone would be singing a different tune.