Things people say

Bellboy1

I had someone come to me and say "That's a BMW isn't it?" The only lettering on my bike is the OhioRider stickers. Uhh, yeah. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I walked into Sears with my jacket on and set my helmet on the counter. Nice old lady goes "So did ya ride your scooter today?" I wanted to say No, I just like walking around in this kind of gear.

The biggest thing I hear about my FZR is from people who know them. Some say they had one years ago and wished they still had it, some say don't ever sell it because you really don't see many of them anymore.

The biggest thing I hear about my FZR is from people who know them. Some say they had one years ago and wished they still had it, some say don't ever sell it because you really don't see many of them anymore.

The rest must just shake their heads and say, "must be rich enough to afford all those speeding tickets." :D

A guy at the gas station said to me "hey cool motorcycle"

I said "thanks, do you ride?"

He said "no" and then asked "hey, why do you wear all that gear? I see other people just wearing sunglasses. Is that cause your just learning?"

I said "yup so watch out!"

A guy at the gas station said to me "hey cool motorcycle"

I said "thanks, do you ride?"

He said "no" and then asked "hey, why do you wear all that gear? I see other people just wearing sunglasses. Is that cause your just learning?"

I said "yup so watch out!"

Spoken like a true dumbass. :nono::lol: Cuz wrecks only happen your 1st year or riding. :lol::rolleyes: Sad to say is that some of these people probably make lots of money and have degrees....that is the sad thing.

Was buzzing to work on the Mp3 since the Mille was still in track-mode from the day before... Stopped at a red, a guy in a beat-up mismatch-paneled Cavalier coming the opposite way hung his head out yelled at me to get a real bike. All I could do was nod and give him a thumbs-up.

Of course, to a guy in such a fine automobile, the Mille probably wouldn't count as a real bike either. Nobody respects a Norwegian V-twin litrebike.

• Upvote 1

From some gixxer 1000 squid: "You own a 600? why don't you get a liter bike, they're faster."

my response: "lets go ride the twisties tomorrow, if you can keep up, I'll buy a 1000."

One of the meanest riders I've ever seen is a 65 year old guy with a 70s Norton.

You wanna see some riding, talk to a guy that's been riding forever.

Spoken like a true dumbass. :nono::lol: Cuz wrecks only happen your 1st year or riding. :lol::rolleyes: Sad to say is that some of these people probably make lots of money and have degrees....that is the sad thing.

A degree and lots of money does not make them knowledgable in everything. Everyone is ignorant in something.

True Dat...I know a lot a chit about nothing and nothing about a lot of chit!

well said..

A guy in one of my classes a few years ago told me he took his first ride ever, and it was a sprayed R1. said he took off and did a wheely till 160 when he finally let off. i said" your nuts are bigger than mine. but i see too things that aren't even close to true. your story and my nuts being small" and walked away... he was left speechless. i just laughed..

Same temp' date=' to a co-worker, talking about a Hayabusa I rode to work: "Why did you let him park that crotch-rocket next to your Road King? I would never let someone park a bike like that next to mine, if I owned a Harley".[/quote']

He's gotta point, I wouldn't want to get sued after my bike leaked all that oil next to the Hayabusa. That's a 'slip and fall' accident waiting to happen for the sportbike rider.

He's gotta point, I wouldn't want to get sued after my bike leaked all that oil next to the Hayabusa. That's a 'slip and fall' accident waiting to happen for the sportbike rider.

Call it a ATGATT check, if he can get up he can ride away prepared for a zoom splat moment. ;)

A degree and lots of money does not make them knowledgable in everything. Everyone is ignorant in something.

Disagree. If you can't grasp the concept of safety you are a dumb-ass. You don't have to be knowledgeable in everything to know simple common sense.

I will say that lately I have noticed A LOT of riders fully geared up even though its like 90 here constantly now. Only saw 1 young guy on a sport bike with shorts and tennis shoes and a t-shirt. He was atleast wearing a helmet.

Kudos

Disagree. If you can't grasp the concept of safety you are a dumb-ass. You don't have to be knowledgeable in everything to know simple common sense.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your disagreement. The point he was making is that even supposedly intelligent people can be dumbasses.

You can get a degree from college, but Common Sense is something you have to figure out on your own. Some people just don't.

" How do you ride that crotch rocket thing for long rides?"

"Triumph still makes motorcycles?"

"Is that bike brand new?"

and the winner of them all.....

This happend shortly after i started riding.

random guy in the bank-"How long have you been riding"?

me- "about 6 months"

Random guy- " I knew it hadn't been long, you still have your helmet with you"

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

I will say that lately I have noticed A LOT of riders fully geared up even though its like 90 here constantly now. Only saw 1 young guy on a sport bike with shorts and tennis shoes and a t-shirt. He was atleast wearing a helmet.

Kudos

My experience has been exactly the opposite. As soon as it warmed up enough for the fair-weather bikers I saw less and less safety gear. I have seen maybe two Harley riders WITH helmets - all the rest are relying on hair for head protection.

Seen plenty of 2-up sportbikes where the passenger has a lid but the driver is not.

And the obligatory helmet-strapped-to-the-bike-instead-of-on-the-riders-head once or twice.

My experience has been that the bikes with hard cases invariably have well geared-up riders. Any sport touring, adventure touring etc type bike like the Strom / BMW / 'wing / Connie type bikes.

"I can see you from a mile away."

Me: "Yeah, until you get in your car. That's when you cram your head right up your ass right before you hit the gas."

oh so true.

i was sitting in the bar last sat and two riders come in, guy and girl. she is on an 883 and he on a 600. so they sit next to us and we start talking about riding. she has no gear on but just took the msf. i'm not one to bust anyone's chops about their decisions, but she just took the msf......wtf is wrong with people. "oh its soooo hot out".

if you're not smart enough to protect yourself and/or dont like to sweat then get a fucking convertible!

prolly my all time most annoying thing especially when i had a cruiser was: "are you going to get your motor running and head out on the highway?"

a. i hate that song so much.

b. ask yourself how big of a douchbag you are for actually asking another man that.

sorry folks, i'm really not that angry of a guy.........well, maybe sometimes....:p

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna have to disagree with your disagreement. The point he was making is that even supposedly intelligent people can be dumbasses.

You can get a degree from college, but Common Sense is something you have to figure out on your own. Some people just don't.

:plus1: Ok, I agree. You have a point. ;)

and the winner of them all.....

This happend shortly after i started riding.

random guy in the bank-"How long have you been riding"?

me- "about 6 months"

Random guy- " I knew it hadn't been long, you still have your helmet with you"

:nono: Wow! It's shit like that that make me go...WOW!

prolly my all time most annoying thing especially when i had a cruiser was: "are you going to get your motor running and head out on the highway?"

a. i hate that song so much.

b. ask yourself how big of a douchbag you are for actually asking another man that.

:lol: WOW!

HA, Jamez, same shit here. I stopped for a tea at a gas station on the way back from riding yesterday. "Hey, you out riding today?" Yeah.... "You must be trying to have heat stroke in all that gear" No, It's vented.. "Someday you'll be confidenet enough to not need it tho" ...... SMH....

Some lady told me my bike was "such a pretty shade of blue" :supergay::lol:

Edited by Wicked

HA, Jamez, same shit here. I stopped for a tea at a gas station on the way back from riding yesterday. "Hey, you out riding today?" Yeah.... "You must be trying to have heat stroke in all that gear" No, It's vented.. "Someday you'll be confidenet enough to not need it tho" ...... SMH....

Some lady told me my bike was "such a pretty shade of blue" :supergay::lol:

OH! I so wish I was there. :lol: Figures it happened AFTER you left us.

I swear I'm the only rider in my AO that wears gear. And I live close to Iron Pony so all I see are squidbillies.

More often though I have noticed the DC shoe wearin, khaki shorts and miller lite Tshirt riders having on helmets. Mostly Icons too. Icon must be nearing/achieved Baller status.