Things people say

Bellboy1

ummm they come in red

122_0609_01_z+2007_kawasaki_ninja_zx_10r+red_static.jpg

And I always think of Yamaha as blue, though it doesn't stand out as much as Kawi green

2006YZF-R1.jpg

Still the kid should have been able to read. Unfortunately for some people Ninja is synonymous with sport bike, no matter what the brand.

Craig

That red is a lot closer than what I thought they came in (looks very similar to mine - thought they were more of a red/orangish). Whoops. Noted. But yeah, Ninja seems to be the term a lot of people use. I typically have to say Yamaha every time I tell someone I have a bike cause hardly anyone knows what I'm talking about if I just say R1.

Similar happen to me...

I work I a operating room. Couple days ago a guy wreck a motorcycle. I say "a", because he was drunk and stole the motorcycle at 3 in the morning. I was call that night came in and we stocked the dumbass up.... I ride in the next day I worked and everyone seemed to be looking at me funny on the way to and in the locker room. When I left the Locker room one of the nurses pulls me aside and asked what the he'll I was doing rising in to day.... I told her I'm always happier at work when I ride in and the laughed. She goes but what about the guy that almost killed him self couple nights ago. I chuckled and said.... I wear boots, pants, jacket, gloves and a helmet. I don't drink when I ride either. And I haves owned a bike since I was 18.... You guys joke about me being a power ranger but guess what... I'm protected so if I go down there is a better chance I will just ride home instead of being naked on the operating table for you to take advantage of...... (this chick is smokin hot) she giggled and said sorry.... Then asked to ride the next weekend... I was dumbfounded

Bow chicka wow wooow

Guy @ White castle: "Okay, so is that for here or to go?"

Me: "Uh, To-G..... wait, here."

Guy: (LOL-ing) "Sorry man, I saw the gear and still asked."

Me: "Ha, I'm the one that almost said 'To-Go'"

Guy: "Honestly, that happens a lot"

Me: "Well make sure my drink is in a small enough cup for my cup holder"

LOL's continued, with a lil :lol: on the side

BTW, White Castle on Hilliard-Rome Rd is one of the better ones

That red is a lot closer than what I thought they came in (looks very similar to mine - thought they were more of a red/orangish). Whoops. Noted. But yeah, Ninja seems to be the term a lot of people use. I typically have to say Yamaha every time I tell someone I have a bike cause hardly anyone knows what I'm talking about if I just say R1.

That's how it was for me until I actually started riding and learned there are different sport bikes besides Ninjas lol

I rode the KLR650 to go work out and when I got ready to leave it was raining. So a genius looks at me and say's "looks like your gonna get wet"?

Me "Nope, I ride between the rain drops". :p

Every other person I know when they see my bike on a rainy day: "But if you ride in the rain then you'll get wet!"

"What? You think I'm made of tissue paper?"

Good, me and the bike both need a bath! Mind if you soap us down before i leave?

Everytime i bring my dog to my grandparents house on my bike, My grandma says "You didn't take him on your bike did you?

Nah, I just felt like wearing my gear while i was driving my truck.

how do you manage that?

I just get "WOW I had one of those when I was/back in <insert age/year here>" as they walk close to the bike with the gleam in their eye like a 5 yr old on Christmas morning.

Was at an event at the AMA a year or two ago and this guy walked up staring at the bike like he was in a trance. Of course I knew the look and asked him if he used to have one. He said he had the exact same color and everything back when he was (wasn't paying attention to what he said). I asked if he wanted to sit on it and he was in 7th heaven. His wife took a pic of him on it and everything. It made his day :D

Oh...and I often get the "you ride a motorcycle?!!?" thing as well (being female).

Yeah, I worry about it too. He obviously loves riding as much as i do, and if i walk away from a wreck where he is hurt, the cager that caused it won't be walking away.

Hes strapped in with a harness and if the bike goes down he'll stay with it. As long as the bike just lowslides he should be fine. he'll hit the padded walls of the box. If the bike highsides, thats a different story but i only take slow roads with him on it.

Edited by mgbgt89

Yeah, I worry about it too. He obviously loves riding as much as i do, and if i walk away from a wreck where he is hurt, the cager that caused it won't be walking away.

Hes strapped in with a harness and if the bike goes down he'll stay with it. As long as the bike just lowslides he should be fine. he'll hit the padded walls of the box. If the bike highsides, thats a different story but i only take slow roads with him on it.

Does he have a pair of doggles?

He actually wears a pair of swimming goggles that i've modified to fit him, but i'm planning on getting some doggles for him soon

I didn't want to invest money in them until i figured out if he actually wanted to ride or not. My Jack Russell freaked out when i started the bike with him on it, so he can't ride. The beagle mix loves it though.

Edited by mgbgt89

I wish i could buy him leathers and a full face though, That would be bad ass. I might machine him an aluminum helmet at work and put some padding in it, i doubt he would like wearing it though.

Full face might be a bit hard to breathe. Or he'd drown in his own slobber lol.

http://www.rockstar-puppy.com/bikerapparel1.html

http://www.kooldawgtees.com/DOG_MOTORCYCLE_CLOTHES.html

http://www.zoomergear.com/

http://www.beastriders.com/index.html

He can join his own group!

http://www.bikerdogsmc.org/

This looks horrible and treacherous! I hope I NEVER see a dog on a bike like this... http://razor-kickscooters.stores.yahoo.net/k9tnakpad.html

One sharp turn (unless you're LAYING on your dog) and the dog will be flying off and choking on it's collar.

(this should probably be it's own thread lol)

I like the way the guy in On Any Sunday rode with his dog. He had attached carpet to the gas tank so the dog had a surface to grab onto. Keep in mind, he wasn't riding around town, this was Baja style enduro riding with what looked like a border collie! :)

People always tell me I should get a side car for the doberman and dalmation but I know them too well. The second the engine started they'd be wanting to chase me not ride with me. :lol:

This looks horrible and treacherous! I hope I NEVER see a dog on a bike like this... http://razor-kickscooters.stores.yahoo.net/k9tnakpad.html

One sharp turn (unless you're LAYING on your dog) and the dog will be flying off and choking on it's collar.

Anyone else see the irony that the product is made by KIApet.com? If you use this then should you expect your pet to be KIA?

Anyone else see the irony that the product is made by KIApet.com? If you use this then should you expect your pet to be KIA?

Nope, I see it as meaning people using it drive a Kia. :p

(this should probably be it's own thread lol)

Says it's for "Harley type bikes" No need to worry about sharp turns.

Strangest thing I've ever heard from a stranger is "I hope you both die today the way you kids ride those things." from an guy about my age in a minivan. My wife & I were both gassing up our bikes, helmets still on, in a Marathon station. Told him to leave before someone gets hurt & he did. The first thing, we're 51 & 52 years old respectively. Next thing, my wife is already a very conservative rider & this off the wall comment really f'd up her ride for the day.

Leaving work the other day, jacket on helmet in hand get to the front to see its raining. Somebody says your gonna get wet. My response was, " Nope I weave through the rain drops" their response was great, " really!?! That's awesome" what a fool lol

Strangest thing I've ever heard from a stranger is "I hope you both die today the way you kids ride those things." from an guy about my age in a minivan. My wife & I were both gassing up our bikes, helmets still on, in a Marathon station. Told him to leave before someone gets hurt & he did. The first thing, we're 51 & 52 years old respectively. Next thing, my wife is already a very conservative rider & this off the wall comment really f'd up her ride for the day.

WTH? What an (expletive)

"You know, you can be jealous without being a dick about it..."