Isle of Man TT 2011

gen3flygirl

unless you have one of the highend cable packages, chances are you'll have to watch the highlight reel on youtube, or download them via RU (they're already being put up as we speak), or watch them at someone's house that has said cable package or RU, or move to great britain where they enjoy the finer things in life that don't include left hand turns.

HD theatre channel, they usually don't show them until a few weeks after.

This Saturday at 12PM EST on HD Theater 1144 (If you have Time Warner). I just set my DVR.

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

I just canceled HD Theater (and about to cancel dish network entirely). Anyone having an impromptu TT party? I have lots o' booze... :)

Watch yesterdays TV episode of Isle of Man 2011, on Brit website replaying TV shows.

http://www.tv-replay.co.uk/01-06-11/isle-of-man-tt-2011-itv-1-itv-player-102001.html

Good luck getting it to run though, it would not load for me.

BBC also sometimes runs the bike races on their website. I haven't looked yet.

edit: cheapest roundtrip flight to Isle of Man I can find is 2886.38 USD

Edited by ReconRat

holy crap, three racers have died already.

they die every year there...if you race there I'd say you almost have to expect some major risks with it. When motogp racers swear they'd never do it...probably a bad idea for anyone with a sense of self preservation..

• 2 months later...

Watch an amazing motorcyclist ride through an explosion

http://jalopnik.com/5837444/watch-a-amazing-motorcyclist-ride-through-an-explosion

[ame]

[/ame]
The second most shocking thing about this video is that any of the Isle of Man Grand Prix riders can straddle a motorcycle with cojones the size of kettle bells. The first is that Brian Purdy — the one whose bike went up in flames — escaped with relatively minor injuries. The crash occurred during a Manx practice session late last month on the Snaefell Mountain Course (237 riders have been killed there since 1911). Purdy was airlifted to a hospital, where he was treated for a broken arm and other injuries. Then there's the unidentified guy with the mounted camera, whom Purdy passes near Schoolhouse Corner. He rides through the flames and avoids Purdy as he lies prone on the street.

And these guys are the amateurs.

[UPDATE 2: Thank jimpunkrockford for finding a replacement video.]