Teen saves memory card and video from being destroyed by Miami police

Casper

This is a dark path we're on. This sends 1930s Germany chills right down my spine. No different than shutting down a radio station or newspaper, or silencing a protestor.

I'll admit, the article was a little lacking on details of what prompted the chase/shooting in the first place. Barring that, I can't wait to hear what the apologists have to say.

I'm putting $100 on no officer gets fired, and $1000 on no criminal/civil charges levied against the officers in question.

This is a dark path we're on. This sends 1930s Germany chills right down my spine. No different than shutting down a radio station or newspaper, or silencing a protestor.

This is what happens when you militarize the police.

what right do the police have to aim a gun at an unarmed citizen with a phone camera?

It's the same one that allows them to get away with it and all the other civil rights violations that took place during this incident.

They're the police, and if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about. BTW, sorry about your phone, lol.

Not a fan of those dicks pulling a gun on a couple over a phone. Fuck those dicks. Hope they get theirs. Any cop that would do something like that over a fucking phone I would HATE with a passion and could give a damn less about their life.

Godbless the level-headed good cops out there. I've met many.

This video and article seriously scare me.

Well, Alex Jones really, REALLY piles the hyperbole on, and that really cheapens his argument. Plus he tacks a ton of shit on that has no business being there.

Essentially, when you militarize the police, the police become military analogues. There's a good reason why the Posse Comitatus laws were passed, and there's also a good reason why the military doesn't do very well in a occupational or peacekeeping sense. It's not really their job. So instead of going through all that trouble of changing the law to repeal Posse Comitatus, they merely get around it by granting the police insane amounts of powers (see: civil forfeiture, war on drugs, warrantless seizures, I can go on for days) that all combined have shifted the burden of proof from the accuser to the accused.

Add to all this the layers upon layers of insulation the police force has had for years, between the FOP, police union, and their own departmental policies, this guy isn't going to lose his job or be subject to the civil/criminal charges he should rightfully face.