I think I found my next CC gun...

redbarron77

+1 for the rock island armory 1911, I found this GI issue on sale, for about $375 (i think, it was a few years ago) but I've ran at least 1.5k rounds thru it, used everything between Winchester hollow points to cheap range reloads, and I've never had an issue with it. I keep two magazines, one is loaded with 4 or 5 rounds and the other empty, I rotate them when I clean them, every week if I shoot or not.. So I don't stretch the springs out, seems to be the biggest problem with any magazine...

ria.jpg

Nice RIA. Yes, the GI is a really nice deal for a basic 1911.

As for the mag issue, springs only wears when they are constantly pressed and depressed. And that's a lot of cycling for them to wear. So keeping them in a constant state doesn't do anything to them. It's the same thing for the springs on your bike...do you unload your forks and shock when you don't ride your bike?

There are stories of guys finding 1911's from their grandfather, and finding that their mags were loaded from the 1930's. Took them out and they ran fine. My mags are always fully loaded and haven't had any issues with them.