Craigslist scam?

Scruit

Listed my bike on craigslist. Got a response asking if the title was clear. Within seconds of my response I got an email back with a url saying; "Just want to make sure this is your bike. http://...". This guy's first email was from a hotmail account and the second was from comcast in california.

The url contains "nyc" and "craigslist" but is not actually craigslist. So obviously it's a scam and I'm not going there. Anyone know what the scam is behind that? :confused:

If you visit the site it probably asks you to log into your Craigslist account or something stupid, thus giving them your login credentials. In other states that might matter, but not in Ohio. In NY and CA, Craigs charges to list cars, motorcycles, houses, etc I believe. So getting ahold of one of those accounts means free listing for the scammer, charged to the sap who got suckered.

If you visit the site it probably asks you to log into your Craigslist account or something stupid, thus giving them your login credentials. In other states that might matter, but not in Ohio. In NY and CA, Craigs charges to list cars, motorcycles, houses, etc I believe. So getting ahold of one of those accounts means free listing for the scammer, charged to the sap who got suckered.

Oh well. This is why I didn't want to do the craigslist thing. :(

I don't have a craigslist account. The URL references NYC, and the email came from CA about a bike located in Ohio. They're gonna have to do better than that. ;)

Oh well. This is why I didn't want to do the craigslist thing. :(

I don't have a craigslist account. The URL references NYC, and the email came from CA about a bike located in Ohio. They're gonna have to do better than that. ;)

Post the link. I'll click on it for ya. :D

I already deleted the emails and blacklisted the email addresses he used.

It was http://mcy.nyc-craigslists.org/ and then a folder/file and parameter string that supposedly took it to my posting, but the posting ID was the wrong number.

Definitely a scam. CL's URL naming convention is location.craigslist.org/three letter drilldown for major metro area/three letter subforum. There aren't any dashes involved or plural names at all.

Wait, so this is definitely a scam? I already logged in. Dangit.

Thing is... Seems my username is "FUCKYOU" and password is "ASSHOLESCAMMER". Well, it let me in with those creds...

:lol:

Yeah, it just redirects to some bike ad in NY. Your credentials are emailed to the scammer. I'm trying to pull the done.php file so I can see where it's going. Could be fun.

:lol:

Yeah, it just redirects to some bike ad in NY. Your credentials are emailed to the scammer. I'm trying to pull the done.php file so I can see where it's going. Could be fun.

your h4x are l33t

Careful with the list, I have sold Many many things on the list but I'm 100% convinced that my email account got hacked awile back due to craigslist.

Make sure you change email passwords once a month if you frequent the list.