Clear Creek Nature Preserve 6/12

saralynn518

Because I am a boring nerd, I have been dying to go to Clear Creek Nature Preserve in Sugar Grove to go take some photographs and hopefully find some interesting wildlife. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice out. I am not planning on taking on some sort of crazy twisty excursion. I am just looking for a nice ride and then spend some nice time checking out the park. Depending on time, I might take a little ride down in Hocking since it's close by. Lunch/dinner in Logan maybe. Depends if I'm alone, I may just pack lunch.

I know I probably won't get any response, but I thought I would throw it out there to anyone who might like to come along. I live near Groveport and hope to take off around 11am. If anybody is interested, we can set up a meeting time and place.

http://www.metroparks.net/ParksClearCreek.aspx

Since Old Man's Cave isn't too far away, I'd like to head there too.

Edited by saralynn518

I guess the ride is off until I get my bike sorted out. Blake worked on it the other day, but I just took it out (besides around the block) and it's not riding properly.

FML.

Please PM me when you get the bike running and some time to explore. ;)

my parents live right around that area, i suggest going to Millstone BBQ right off of 33 at the first Logan exit. I was just out that way yesterday, not a lot of gravel on the roads as a whole but be careful of blind corners.

I LOVE Millstone BBQ ribs.

Pretty through there, but Clearcreek Road was torn to shreds... monster potholes and all... sometimes the entire road was one big hole, it got a little squirrly on the Strom.

I think I may know exactly what road you speak of. Would have to ask Blake, but I think that's the road we took when him, Ken, and I went on a Hocking ride a while back. It was a MESS! The gravel was the size of small boulders.

I think I may know exactly what road you speak of. Would have to ask Blake, but I think that's the road we took when him, Ken, and I went on a Hocking ride a while back. It was a MESS! The gravel was the size of small boulders.

That's good riding. :D Is this the road of which you speak?

GroupatClearCreek.jpg

That's good riding. :D Is this the road of which you speak?

Hmmmm not sure. It was pretty narrow and had a lot of shade though. Made it difficult to see some of the potholes. I felt like I was doing the hokey pokey with my legs to show Ken the upcoming potholes lol.

Edited by saralynn518

Let me know when your bike is up and ready. I dont mind cruising around that area. I am up in Lancaster and really not that far away.....have gone fishing down in clearcreek a few times and really enjoyed that. I like riding down in the hocking area, nice hills and beautiful sceneries (sp) anywhere in that area. I have some friends who have a cabin/house up in the area with some pretty cool features.

Easy to get lost in the hills, but thanks to GPS we can always find our way home.

Anyways...keep in touch once your up and running. While am not a fast bike, it is my ride and gets be easily where ever I want to go!

Let me know when your bike is up and ready. I dont mind cruising around that area. I am up in Lancaster and really not that far away.....have gone fishing down in clearcreek a few times and really enjoyed that. I like riding down in the hocking area, nice hills and beautiful sceneries (sp) anywhere in that area. I have some friends who have a cabin/house up in the area with some pretty cool features.

Easy to get lost in the hills, but thanks to GPS we can always find our way home.

Anyways...keep in touch once your up and running. While am not a fast bike, it is my ride and gets be easily where ever I want to go!

Sounds good! Hopefully I will be getting a petcock off of ebay...I have the winning bid so far *fingers crossed*. I'm also ordering carb repair kits. I've never done carbs before, but I heard it's a pain. Petcock should be simple enough. Hopefully within 2 wks given shipping and everything.

I have a '72 CB350...I'm not a fast ride and I like to enjoy myself putzing around and enjoying the scenery.

Now I know of at least 2 people to come! Hooray!

yeah the road is fine for some fishing in your 4x4.... but its a little rough for a car, and for a sport bike

It's fine if you're going slow, not in a hurry, and it's a nice day out. As long as you can see the road great in order to spot the holes before you are up on them and there's no real traffic. Luckily the road isn't TOO too long.

Remind me not to offer to show any of you some of my favorite roads, because if Clear Creek is "that bad" you'd probably wanna shoot me for leading you into the areas I enjoy. :lol:

well maybe it wasn't that bad..... but you certainly had to take it a little easier, plowing into a water filled monster pothole at like 45 slows that down real quick! i'm one of those shiney vstromers :) who every once and a while thinks it a full out dirtbike lol