Another toy :D

BikerBoy

sweet!!!!!!! you might want to check out these forums www.tlzone.net ......... www.tlplanet.com .......... http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/12/39/ to guide you along the way..big things to look for are frame cracks, tank recall, steering damper recall, clutch springs(if slipping), and i recomend a fan switch mod and a TRE, cant wait to see your pics, these bikes esecially the 97 are a beast of their own

Edited by 2talltim

it's awesome so far, need a little work on front break and front break handle but other than that is seems great , no frame cracks " that i saw" tank looks in nice shape, has a steering stableizer " or whatever they are called " couldn't take if on highway yet tho , had no helmet on me , was having lunch with wife when saw the add , went and picked it up , got a great deal on it "i think " came with 2 new spare tires " the ones on it and ok for front , new for rear " solo seat cowl , reat tire stand , battery stabeliezer and got it for shy less than 3k :D 15k miles ;;)

the tank recall is for leaky pump gaskets the only way to tell is if it has a embosed X on the bottom..the sterring thing is the recall so you have it...i also recomend a set of frame sliders because if you look at the bike if it were to ever fall over the first thing it will hit is the radiator i got a supper nice(strong) set on the tlzone group buy..and a set or barnett clutch springs if it ever slips(and 80% of them do)its a easy cheep fix..i love my TL im sure you will too mines going on 35K miles

Thanks, how do you like the mirrors on it ? i think mine are kinda short or something.

yea they are kinda short if your a big guy like me..im always pulling my sholder in to look behind me..essecially if i have my leather jacket on..i thought about putting some Gixxer mirrors on mine with the trun signals in them but i havent gotten around to it yet

There is a charging mod for it..but I've never done it.. http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/53/60/ .I do know when my battery took a crap it was real spuratic at first, I had to jump it once then it was ok for a couple weeks, then it was every 3rd time and after a few weeks it just had nothin even keeping it on a tender. And forget about bump starting it unless its warm and you have a hell of a hill.