Cousin was killed in MC accident.

Rod38um

I found out a few days ago that my cousin was in a motorcycle wreck. We knew it didnt look good....... He passed away last night. He was a life long rider.

Man dies from motorcycle wreck injuries

June 21, 2011 — A Morehead man has died following a motorcycle wreck last week in Rowan County.

Kentucky State Police said Loren Smith, 61, of 13965 Brown Ridge, was operating a 2007 Honda motorcycle eastbound on KY 32 Friday, June 17 at 3:06 p.m. when he traveled across loose gravel on the right shoulder of the roadway, causing him to lose control.

Smith allegedly failed to negotiate a curve and exited the right shoulder of KY 32. The motorcycle came to final rest in a ditch on top of Smith.

Smith, who was wearing a helmet, according to police, was flown from the scene by PHI Medical Transport to UK Medical Center for treatment.

Also assisting was the Elliottville Fire Department.

Mr. Smith passed away Monday night. He was the husband of Marquita Patrick Smith. Funeral arrangements are incomplete at Northcutt & Son Home for Funerals.

http://themoreheadnews.com/local/x1110911029/Man-dies-from-motorcycle-wreck-injuries

Thanks everyone!

The family says that Loran had just rode to town to get new tires. He was on his way home when he wrecked. The shop where he purchased the tires called his house and left an urgent message for him to call them as soon as he made it home..... He never made it.

They are having the bike checked over tomorrow to see if the shop had done something that may be of concern to the accident.

You and your family is in my thoughts. Hopefully it was just an accident and no one is at fault. The urgent message thing though is peculiar. Did the shop say what the message was? Although I'm sure they can make up something else if they were originally going to admit fault on their work.