Traffic

madcat6183

It is illegal to use that lane as a merge point. Where I used to work I'd see OSP write several tickets a day because of this. The arrows in that lane point to the left only, indicating it is a turn lane.

If I can't get across all the lanes, I usually go right and get to a light where I can get turned around.

We are lucky up here, and there isn't usually a time where waiting a a minute or so won't leave you with an opening.

I guess you are right about that!

suicide_lane.png

...My biggest thing is what I call left laners, pretty explanitory, but I don't get it. Why do people feel that cruising in the left lane is okay? I can't grasp it, I have tried for years, but I can't. You get people in beaters, Benzs, today it was a 7 series BMW w/ 30 day tags. The facts are simple, if you are not ACTIVELY passing people at that time, you should NOT be in the left lane. I don't care if you just passed someone, or see a truck a mile away, don't do it.
I bet SWing'r hates these kinds of people too :D

Well, let me just say that (when driving my work van) I will use the left lane to pass when need be, but will NOT exceed 70mph to do so, once I have made my pass I will gladly get back over. I don't "cruise" in the left lane, but will pass in it. To the impatient assholes behind me that want to do 70+ it may seem like I'm cruising or taking my time, but the reality is that my speed is gps monitored by "the man" and the moment I exceed 67mph my gps starts counting down, if I stay between 67 and 70 for more then 5minutes, my boss gets an email notice about it. If I exceed 75mph for ANY amount time he gets an email and I will most likely get a phone call from him and probably invited to meet with him personally. If I exceed 80mph for any reason I might as well just head for the office and turn in the keys. If you think it's easy driving on the roads around here and maintaining these guidelines you are crazy; next time you pass a semi on the road take a look at your speedometer, its real easy to jump well above 75 just passing someone.

So, to the guy in the car behind me riding my ass, weaving back and forth and flashing his lights, I say this...

you can fucking wait, because I need my job more than you need to pass me!

Don't like it, call the "Hows my driving number" on the back of the van and let my boss know what you think of their "safety guidelines".

try driving down 75 south through kentucky and tenn. 2 lanes, you'll get semi's doing 55 in a 70 zone. why they feel the need to get in the left lane and stay there I have no idea.

so they try to make a run for it on the next downhill but the asshole other truck speeds up with him so they basically road block the highway for miles at a time. meanwhile cars have backed up behind them for almost a whole mile.

I got pissed off by this once and passed the whole fucking pile of assholes on the shoulder of the road. of course a cop pulled me over about 10 miles up the road but because he didn't see me do it there wasn't shit he could do about it. (bitches and their phones)

Well' date=' let me just say that (when driving my work van) I will use the left lane to pass when need be, but will NOT exceed 70mph to do so, once I have made my pass I will gladly get back over. I don't "cruise" in the left lane, but will pass in it. To the impatient assholes behind me that want to do 70+ it may seem like I'm cruising or taking my time, but the reality is that my speed is gps monitored by "the man" and the moment I exceed 67mph my gps starts counting down, if I stay between 67 and 70 for more then 5minutes, my boss gets an email notice about it. If I exceed 75mph for ANY amount time he gets an email and I will most likely get a phone call from him and probably invited to meet with him personally. If I exceed 80mph for any reason I might as well just head for the office and turn in the keys. If you think it's easy driving on the roads around here and maintaining these guidelines you are crazy; next time you pass a semi on the road take a look at your speedometer, its real easy to jump well above 75 just passing someone.

So, to the guy in the car behind me riding my ass, weaving back and forth and flashing his lights, I say this...

you can fucking wait, because I need my job more than you need to pass me! Don't like it, call the "Hows my driving number" on the back of the van and let my boss know what you think of their "safety guidelines".

maybe you should quit trying to pass and just simmer down yourself. you know you can't get it done in a reasonable time frame so why cause everyone behind you to have to slow down and waste their time?

• Upvote 1

maybe you should quit trying to pass and just simmer down yourself.

Not sure I understand what you mean here. Are you saying I should never pass anyone just because I don't want to slow someone else up?

...why cause everyone behind you to have to slow down and waste their time?

Why? Well mainly because I don't really care about "their" time, I do what I need to do according to my companies saftey guidelines.

Besides they most likely were not behind me when I started my pass anyway. Like I said., when it comes down to my job or your impatient ass,

my job's gonna win out every time, sorry but you're gonna have to wait.

Well' date=' let me just say that (when driving my work van) I will use the left lane to pass when need be, but will NOT exceed 70mph to do so, once I have made my pass I will gladly get back over. I don't "cruise" in the left lane, but will pass in it. To the impatient assholes behind me that want to do 70+ it may seem like I'm cruising or taking my time, but the reality is that my speed is gps monitored by "the man" and the moment I exceed 67mph my gps starts counting down, if I stay between 67 and 70 for more then 5minutes, my boss gets an email notice about it. If I exceed 75mph for ANY amount time he gets an email and I will most likely get a phone call from him and probably invited to meet with him personally. If I exceed 80mph for any reason I might as well just head for the office and turn in the keys. If you think it's easy driving on the roads around here and maintaining these guidelines you are crazy; next time you pass a semi on the road take a look at your speedometer, its real easy to jump well above 75 just passing someone.

you can fucking wait, because I need my job more than you need to pass me!

Don't like it, call the "Hows my driving number" on the back of the van and let my boss know what you think of their "safety guidelines".[/quote']

Then don't be an asshole and try to pass someone when you can't do it quickly.

• Downvote 1

Then don't be an asshole and try to pass someone when you can't do it quickly.

Why does my passing another vehicle make me an asshole? I'm allowed to do that right? That's what the left lane is for right?

Just because it slowed you down for a minute, I'm an asshole? Your attitude is partly whats wrong on the roads. :nono:

If I have to wait a minute for one or two cars to go by I do, but I ain't gonna wait forever, when it comes time to go,

I'm going, anyone that falls in behind me is just gonna have to wait until I can get back over. Life goes on, two minutes later. :rolleyes:

Why does my passing another vehicle make me an asshole? I'm allowed to do that right? That's what the left lane is for right?

Just because it slowed you down for a minute' date=' I'm an asshole? [b']Your attitude is partly whats wrong on the roads. :nono:

If I have to wait a minute for one or two cars to go by I do, but I ain't gonna wait forever, when it comes time to go,

I'm going, anyone that falls in behind me is just gonna have to wait until I can get back over. Life goes on, two minutes later. :rolleyes:

Ha you can pass all you want man- but If it takes you 2 minutes to pass a car you obviously have the time in your schedule to sit behind them. You probably get paid hourly anyways... right???

People have shit to do- there is no need to block the left lane for 5 minutes. Have a little courtesy.

People have shit to do- there is no need to block the left lane for 5 minutes. Have a little courtesy.

Courtesy? You obviously don't spend much time on the highways. Try driving the speed limit and see how courteous people are to you.

Seriously, set your cruise at 65mph, or 67 for this example, and just see how much fun you have driving around on the freeway.

And when you have to pass, do it without exceeding 70mph. Go ahead, try it. Welcome to my world.

2 minutes or 5 minutes, I don't care, you can wait, the shit you have to do will still be there 5 minutes from now.

Edited by SWing'R

Oh and for the record, there is so much more stupid shit that goes on on the roadways around here,

to get worked up over waiting behind someone in the left for a couple minutes is just silly. :nono:

Just because it slowed you down for a minute' date=' I'm an asshole? Your attitude is partly whats wrong on the roads. :nono:

actually you seem like the asshole in this equation. you know you are not going to be able to pass that other vehicle with a quick junt over the 70 limit you have. you're like those semi's that just have to get over in the left lane when they know damn well the truck they're passing will be doing the same damn speed they are in 1/2 mile.

guys like you that feel like everyone else should stfu and deal with you being a jackass and taking your sweet ass time to do shit is what's wrong with the interstates.

while I understand your situation, you should just quit trying to go around someone that is doing the speed limit that you're supposed to be doing in the first place.

that's what I meant when I said you should just simmer down. and stay the fuck out of everyone else's way. it doesn't matter if you feel they're not running late or whatever, you are being an ass by not moving the fuck over.

you shouldn't be there in the first place. that's the whole point.

Edited by serpentracer

...guys like you that feel like everyone else should stfu and deal with you being a jackass and taking your sweet ass time to do shit is what's wrong with the interstates.

I think you're overlooking the obvious thing here. EVERYONE feels that THEIR time is more important than the other guys,

the "shit they have to do" is more important that the shit the other guys has to do. THEY should get out of THEIR way. You see the problem here.

I understand you want to get by me, but I do what I do because I have NO CHOICE. If I wait to pass, I'll be waiting for ever, I go when I can.

Contrary to what you (or anyone) may think, I am very courteous on the road to other drivers, I spend a good majority of my time on the road,

I've been in a service position with a company vehicle since 1988, I've logged more miles already than most people will in their lifetime.

I know the etiquette, you just can't always please everyone now can you.

And for the record, in all my years of driving a company van... I've NEVER had a driver call in on my "hows my driving sticker" for being uncourteous on the roadway.

They've called in for other things, but never for being uncourteous.

Edited by SWing'R

Seriously' date=' set your cruise at 65mph, or 67 for this example, and just see how much fun you have driving around on the freeway[/quote']

as long as you do this in the right lane, you will have zero problems.

what am i supposed to be looking for? people passing me? thats to be expected.

people yelling and screaming and shaking their fist? highly doubtful.

Edited by John

what am i supposed to be looking for? people passing me? thats to be expected.

people yelling and screaming and shaking their fist? highly doubtful.

Just tell me how much fun you had trying to get where you were going

while maintaining the speed guidelines I mentioned. And remember, your job depends on it ;)

You think so??? Try it. Go ahead. Let me know how that works out for you.

well those people are being the dicks. as long as someone is doing the posted speed limit in the appropriate lanes that's fine. but I get aggravated at the ones still doing 50 in a 65. why don't they just take the back roads? because it's clear they are only doing 50 because they are scared. and they shouldn't be on the expressway to begin with.

well those people are being the dicks. as long as someone is doing the posted speed limit in the appropriate lanes that's fine. but I get aggravated at the ones still doing 50 in a 65. why don't they just take the back roads? because it's clear they are only doing 50 because they are scared. and they shouldn't be on the expressway to begin with.

Agree with you 110%

Not to beat an old thread up more, but for reference;

I got to New York Saturday about 3pm, didn't drive because I was too tired from almost getting killed by a drunk diver Friday night(Saturday morning) on our way back from the races at 1am on 23 N under Pickaway line, everyone is okay, but another race hauler got f"d up real bad, and 1 guy has 2 broken vertebrae...

Anyways, I grabbed my moms ride, Ford Edge, and rolled to the gym. I haven't drove in NY for over 2 years mind you, so I was kinda like well let's just see how this goes. Mind you 4th of July weekend.... FINE, no traffic issues, nothing. All weekend same shit. I drove all over town, etc. no issues, no assholes, nothing.

I get to PA today after leaving NY and am driving on I90 and hit construction, 5 miles in 2 hrs, not due to assholes, but because it was 1 lane(good idea PA) let's not wait until after the 5th of July.

Anyways again, I get back to OH and CLE sucks right away, people up there are close to as bad of drivers as down here, but then I got back to CMH and wanted to instantly kill everyone on the road. It was after rush hour, and yet, people drove like there was an atom bomb going off behind them. I cruise at 80 normally, so I keep up etc. but then some Choch in a Volvo comes flying up in the left lane, slams his brakes, cuts to far right, cuts back, then back, etc. then gets off at 33 towards Bexley.... I wanted to get him out and literally run him over.

The end.