My buddy is gone...

Beegreenstrings

Thanks for Everyones kind words...

It was rough and I agree if I would have had time to prepare for it, might not had been such a shitty weekend. Graham was a great boy! Large of a English springer spaniel. He was 65lbs, normally they reach 50-55. We was in great shape and was a agility dog via my fiance.

It is rougher on her. He was hers. I have his six month, older, sister at my house. We have a total of 4, well 3 now. He was her buddy and stayed at campus with her for early warning... Not much of a guardian but he had the mind set he would do his best. He was to make a hunting trip with me this past year to Nebraska. But, the arrival of a new female changed those plans... No I regret it...

He was a wonderful pup. Took great care of the kids and loved walking with them at Halloween. He had the mind set that took him past the whole costume thing. He just lived with it.

Even better judge of character. Even came between me and some unwanted visitors a few times at our house. He was the man! His three sisters will miss him and my fiance and I already miss him greatly.

I worked on the bike Saturday night in the garage and kept watching for him to come around the corner at the door. He never showed up?...

Edited by Beegreenstrings

This might be kind of strange...

We did the dog cremation thing last night. There is a local guy out on State Rte 40 here in zanesville/brownsville area. He came to OSU and picked him up and took him to his place. We will keep his ashes, kept one of his paw prints and I will retrieve him tonight.

We could not see burying him at our house and then moving. We have plans to purchase a different house. Was supposed to happen by now but plans change. We figured this would be the best way to keep our buddy close to us and keep him with his sisters.

You always think that when this happens that moment is going to be the most difficult. However, I am finding that his presence not being around is the most difficult. Knowing he will never walk back into the garage and sit with me while I am working on the bike or reloading. Or that he will never retrieve another duck, pheasant or quail is even more difficult.

We were told to bring his favorite toy when we picked him up and it could be sealed in the box with him. But, I could not find one. I think I was his favorite toy. We never really needed anything but each other.

R.I.P. Buddy (Mr. Alexander Graham Belle). For some reason a higher power needed you with them more, for that is why they took you from us. So, you go be yourself and brighten someone else's day. You are and will be missed, but I will seek you out again some day.

Edited by Beegreenstrings