Dogs...

MadMax33

So I was at my mom's house and when I got in my car to leave, I was approached by two pitbulls, and the larger male came right up to my door before I rolled up my window as a precautionary measure. I drove back home then came back to see if the dogs were still running around free and yep, they still were in the neighborhood, in a fenced backyard although they didn't live at that house. If my mom came home and those dogs were aggressive, or anyone in that area for that matter, things would have went bad. I am a pretty strong guy and I would rather have me face a dog than my mom, who would be injured or killed quickly.

Well, as I was looking for the dogs, once they were no longer in the fenced yard across the street, they ran up to me as I was walking in my mom's backyard, which is what I wanted, to see if they were friends or foes. Luckily, it was as if I was already their owner and I was greeted like an old friend. The one was a young female puppy but the male was an adult and built like a brick shithouse. As I was calling the authorities to come and pick the dogs up, my phone died out on me. When I went to the neighbor's house, I noticed that the adult male was approaching a lady with her daughter, on a bike ride. She asked me if they were my dogs and I told her the situation, so she called her son to drive over to pick them up in a Range Rover.

To end this story, the woman took both dogs back to her place in her truck, after I put the puppy in the back seat while I went after the larger male, who came up to me and allowed me to put a leash on his collar, with no tags of course. He went into the back seat willingly and they drove off into the sunset. This is going to happen again and again since folks can't, or won't accept the huge responsibility of taking care of a dog. I'm just glad that things worked out the way they did. My buddy had a pitbull jump into his truck and refuse to leave so the police had to come out and shoot it. It seems that every dog I see near town is a pitbull. Anyways, the humane society was called, or so I heard unless the Korean eatery is running a special...

People just dont care about keeping track of their animals!! I was out in my garage and this lady just let her boxer fun free he came charging at me luckily i had the garage door open or I would of had to defend myself. She knows how the dog is but still lets him run free..

Yeah I can't stand irresponsible dog owners. Glad the situation worked out ok for you and hopefully the dogs find some new owners to love them like they should be loved. Pitbulls are one of the most misunderstood and abused dogs...and they have a horrible reputation due to a small minority of shitty owners (cough**cough** Michael Vick) and asshole dog fighters. 99% of all of the Pits I have ever been around are big softies..and as a breed I would be far more worried about a Rott, Doberman, or the like more than any pitbull. I hate how you see so many abused and neglected pitbulls coming out of urban areas like Columbus ending up in shelters and being put down. Product of the environment I guess...take that how you will.

+1 about being glad the situation worked out. All dogs are individuals and it is up to the owners to be responsible for them. My first doberman was a lover to everyone, my current dob will eat you if I don't introduce him to you first. Same breed totally different attitude. But I've encountered black labs that are not friendly so going solely by the breed is not always the best bet. I always think how scary it is that morons who arn't allowed to own dogs can still have kids. :nono: If you can't care for a dog you should never have children!

it's people you have to worry about not the pitbull!

they make them mean.

I have a pit/bulldog mix and she's one of the most people loving dog you'll meet. but most people are scared of her right off the bat.

she's loyal, smart, easy to train, and good with other dogs/cats and small kids. she's the best dog I've ever owned.

is this the face of a meanie?

5880439261_3e503c71e5_b.jpg

Edited by serpentracer

When I was in MI this past weekend, there were stories over the last week...at least three different incidents where pit bull 'types' were shot by the police after attacking people. There was a vicious dog ordinance passed in the city...so folks were taking these dogs and dropping them off in the township in a rural area. I guess pets and owners alike were under siege.

I don't blame the animals one bit....it's the dumb ass owners.

i dont beleive in bad breeds....the most vicious dog ive ever encountered was an inbred white lab....i grew up with the dog, it was my buddy... it hated everybody else, snapped at them, etc...then one day it started doing the same to me...finally got to the point it went after its owner and she had to put it down....biggest lab ive ever seen, it was the size of a mastiff and build like a brick wall....name was Bear, it fit it well

First, and its already been touched on...Well pit's are not aggressive, dalmations, basenji's, etc...are more aggressive than pits. Second the pit bull isn't even a recognized breed, "pit bull" isn't a breed, it's a mutt.

Oh and don't come live down here, loose dogs and strays is an epidemic.

If every dog was loved and cared for like the dog that I spent my teen years with, the world would be better off. Someday I will have a larger dwelling and I am getting a puppy when I do. I never bought into the notion that pit-bulls are a bad breed since Pete from The Little Rascals was a pit. Now Homo Sapiens on the other hand...

Glad they were friendly. Do you know what they did with them? Or did they own the dogs?

Thing is, if they are taken to a shelter here in OH, they will be put down. The Owner has 3 days to get them, if not, Pitbull breeds and Mixes will be destroyed! I hate this law, b/c in other states they adopt Pitbulls out after doing a character test on them.