Super Incendiary Ammo

Casper

Might have to buy some of that....

Doubt it.

FYI, If those are true Raufoss rounds they are in .50 cal. There is a similar version in .30 cal called SLAP rounds which only had a Pentatrator and no explosive material. The Raufoss are comprised of a combination of PETN/RDX compound and a tungsten penetrator. Prices for 1 round of .50 are approximately $75 each MINIMUM to get ahold of and Ive seen them as high as $200 each. Zirconium powder is added for a long burning effect and maximum fire starting effect. It can ignite JP4 and JP8 military jet fuel. Zirconium will set anything on fire its pretty bad ass.

The Zirconium powder also adds report flash for the shooter to see exactly where the round impacted, as the explosive is detonated by the pressure of the penetrator and the incendiary mixture impacting a HARD object (steel plate) and pushes the explosive charge and detonation through the other side, and the zirconium powder (also used in fireworks for a 'brilliant' sparkling effect) ignites on both sides with big bright brilliant report ensuring the shooter sees exactly where he hit. Remember, these rounds are meant to be used at ranges exceeding 1500m. They have no real effect however on soft targets (troops in the open) or earthen bunkers, as it does not allow reliable operation of the method of detonation, which requires impact upon a hard target.

Also, use at ranges under 300-400m will result in unreliable detonation, due to fragmentation of the rounds jacket before reliable operation of detonation system, though the big carbide penetrator will still do some damage.

Pic of how they are assembled.

650px-Raufoss_NM140_MP_ensvg.png

If they are just incendiary rounds then they just spark and look pretty. Nothing like the Raufoss NM140 at all.

Edited by flounder

My understanding is that they are available if you can find a source. I dont believe they are considered a Destructive Device by ATF as they do not contain enough explosives material. You cannot load AP rounds anymore but if you find some that are already loaded, you can purchase and fire them.

OK guys, one thing to remember is that there is a big difference between an incendiary round and a Raufoss round although people that dont know tend to group them together.

Incendiary means just that - Sparks and crap.

AP - Armor Piercing

Raufoss NM140 is - Incindiary, Explosive, Armor Piercing and only made in .50 cal!

After saying that, Im going to guess those are just simple incendiary rounds in that vid and not Raufoss

Edited by flounder

OK guys, one thing to remember is that there is a big difference between an incendiary round and a Raufoss round although people that dont know tend to group them together.

Incendiary means just that - Sparks and crap.

AP - Armor Piercing

Raufoss NM140 is - Incindiary, Explosive, Armor Piercing and only made in .50 cal!

After saying that, Im going to guess those are just simple incendiary rounds in that vid and not Raufoss

I think you grouped them together. I called them "Super Incendiary Ammo", which is the name of them. They're made by Northern Arizona Munitions. Centerfire calibers are 20 for $80. Handgun calibers are 20 for $45.

And for the record, you shouldn't doubt it. When we going shooting next? :D

I think you grouped them together. I called them "Super Incendiary Ammo", which is the name of them. They're made by Northern Arizona Munitions. Centerfire calibers are 20 for $80. Handgun calibers are 20 for $45.

And for the record, you shouldn't doubt it. When we going shooting next? :D

The video title also says Raufoss round in the title.

I may shoot next weekend but it will be Long Range stuff. I get board with anything much under 600 yards anymore to be honest.

Ammo knowledge. As of 1994 here is the list of 50cal ammo the military was loading. (dang old manuals)

CALIBER .50 CARTRIDGES

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, High Pressure Test, M1

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Blank, M1

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Incendiary, M1

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer, M1

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Blank, M1A1

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, M2

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Armor Piercing, M2

Cartridge, Dummy, Caliber .50, M2

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Armor Piercing Incendiary, M8

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer M10

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer; M17

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Armor Piercing Incendiary-Tracer, M20

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Incendiary, M23

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, M33

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Spotter-Tracer, M48A1

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Spotter-Tracer, M48A2

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Plastic Practice, M858

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Tracer, Plastic Practice, M860

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP),

M903

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Saboted Light Armor Penetrator-Tracer

(SLAP-T), M962

Cartridge, Caliber .50, Ball, Practice, T249E2

Cartridge, Caliber .50: Armor Piercing Incendiary (API), MK 211

MOD 0

You can get the bullets themselves (not loaded ammo) from

http://patsreloading.com/patsrel/prices.aspx?category=Bullets

They carry,

Ball

Incendiary

API

APIT

and tracers.

You can also get loaded ammo from;

http://www.ammunitionstore.com/categories/50-BMG-Ammunition/?sort=priceasc

In just about all the variants I listed above in just the bullets.

You can get the bullets themselves (not loaded ammo) from

http://patsreloading.com/patsrel/prices.aspx?category=Bullets

They carry,

API

APIT

You can also get loaded ammo from;

http://www.ammunitionstore.com/categories/50-BMG-Ammunition/?sort=priceasc

In just about all the variants I listed above in just the bullets.

Just an FYI but API and APIT are ILLEGAL TO LOAD PER ATF!!! Buy them sure, but as soon as you reload one your ass can be in trouble.

I would have to research to confirm that one. I didn't think there where any regulations as to that being you can buy the bullets and the fully loaded ammo. I had never looked into to deep as I don't own a .50bmg, I have those links just as a good reference for places that sell 30cal stuff.

Dang the ATF has made their website miserable to navigate. None of my old links work anymore and you can't find shit. Never fails the government doing something totally awesome to make your life harder.:nono:

Anybody that wants to determine if API or APIT is legal to reload yourself, your gonna have to do your own search. I spent 2 hours and got nowhere.:wtf:

Dang the ATF has made their website miserable to navigate. None of my old links work anymore and you can't find shit. Never fails the government doing something totally awesome to make your life harder.:nono:

Anybody that wants to determine if API or APIT is legal to reload yourself, your gonna have to do your own search. I spent 2 hours and got nowhere.:wtf:

everything im reading online says its legal to reload them, you just cant "make" the bullet ....so if you buy the components and assemble them, i dont see why it wouldnt be allowed...but i could be wrong

heres a link i found with some laws

http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIG1.html