I've kept quiet... Down yesterday...

Beegreenstrings

Well. After going to lunch yesterday afternoon. On the way back to the office. A child by himself, decides to sprint across Maple av in zanesville in front of the truck in front of me.

I locked both the fronts and backs up trying not to eat the back of the truck and instead ate the pavement. There was enough witnesses that there was no ticket involved. However, my pride is hurt more than anything. Normally I would have been on the dual sport. But, waiting on tires to arrive I was on the Superhawk. :cry:

My pride is hurt, scrapes and bruises. Bike started right up, straight and ridable. But the cosmetics make me sick to look at! It was perfect when I got it and had all intentions of leaving it just that way...

Talked to a painter here in town and we are looking 800 bones to correct all the scrapes and scratches and making it look new again.... :nono: Two other guys asked if I was turning it in, because they are going to total it? I was like what? Yeah, you are above 25% of the bikes value. That would be fine I guess if I could buy it back...

Sad is I cant even find any plastics for the bike, But that is my fault for wanting a 12 year old bike.:rolleyes:

Edited by Beegreenstrings

i wouldn't turn it in to insurance. rates go up, and if they total it you'll have to get it inspected and the title will be rebuilt.

if i were you, i'd fix it in time and save the hassle.

i wouldn't turn it in to insurance. rates go up, and if they total it you'll have to get it inspected and the title will be rebuilt.

if i were you, i'd fix it in time and save the hassle.

Yeah I did not plan on doing that. I was/am still upset about it... Bike was beautiful, not a mark... I still cant figure out what happened I wasn't going more than 15mph. All I can figure is the rear tire must have came out on me when it locked up? It was almost like the front had locked up though.

'nother way to look at it: at least the child who has inattentive/stupid parents is OK. Bikes can always be fixed; children, not always. Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

You're OK, bike is dinged up but otherwise OK, kid's OK.

Maple Avenue, for those not familiar, is a 4-5 lane road down the center of Z'Ville, and is always packed full of cars. Similar to Morse Road in C-Bus. Lotsa rear-end jacked up, shiny Cragar-wearin', primer-colored Novas...

it sucks to bang up a nice clean bike, like everyone else has said, you ok and the kid is ok. Bike can be fixed.

Shit happens. might have been some gravel or oil on the road. Try not to dwell on it.

That sucks dude maple ave sucks its like a race track. I did that once but I was 19years old on a 1983 Honda nighthawk 550 lock up the front brake and the back and the front brake grab hard then the back ass kick out and slam on the pavement.

Edited by wht_scorpion

Maple Avenue, for those not familiar, is a 4-5 lane road down the center of Z'Ville, and is always packed full of cars. Similar to Morse Road in C-Bus. Lotsa rear-end jacked up, shiny Cragar-wearin', primer-colored Novas...

LOL, that's great.

Glad your ok

back in the day, before they made it a crime, we use to just drive up and down maple ave for shits an giggles. Funny thing is, the last time I was up there, it was just as crowed, so stopping the kids cruising didn't help

That sucks dude maple ave sucks its like a race track.

In my misspent youth I did that more than once.

depending on who your insurance agent is , i went down last year and bike was very beet up . Girl came out from gieco and i told her i would in no way accept it being totaled , so she cut me a check for 100 less then total price and she was on he way . was pretty cool i got 4k and fixed the bike for 500 ( track set of skins and new winshield) every side of my bike was damaged , hope it works out for ya