chalk tires?

Jamez

I wasn't really sure where to ask this so I stuck it here,

I have a favorite road that I ride alot so I know the curves pretty well. Sometimes after the ride I check my rear tire to see if I can notice my lean angle on some of the turns. Problem is that my tires have a good amount of miles on them and I really can't tell any new scuffing.

Can I rub a light coating of chalk on the tires to see how far over I'm getting or will this make the tire slick? Ever hear of anyone doing anything like this or something besides chalk?

Thanks

Ever hear of anything like this?

I'm not quite at the point of dragging knees yet, I'm just curious as to how far in I'm getting.

I'm not trying to be a badass, I just thought it'd be fun to see where I'm at

Ever hear of anything like this?

I'm not quite at the point of dragging knees yet, I'm just curious as to how far in I'm getting.

I'm not trying to be a badass, I just thought it'd be fun to see where I'm at

I have heard of it. I just know of a couple people who will take this and run with it. Nothing against you, jussayin'

I have heard of it. I just know of a couple people who will take this and run with it. Nothing against you, jussayin'

I figure its an innocent enough question. Ill happily admit that I'm not ready to drag knees and probably will never ride to the bikes potential. It'd just be nice to see what my ride looks like.

It's a fine enough question. There's a LOT more than just figuring out how far you can lean a bike. Body position, throttle control, etc. I have seen guys with edges worn and not know a damn thing about turning a bike and what to do while leaned over. The idea is that with those lean angles, you really need to understand what to do while leaned over and what inputs need made to make it a fun ordeal.

Again, use the tire marker. If you do not want a horizontal line across the tire edge to edge, just go about 2 inches from the edge to the center on each side. That way, you can tell by how much is left as to how far over you are...

The rear is easy. Do the front... That will be the real story. Guys that look at chicken strips on the rear are looking at it all wrong. It is the front that is hardest to get completely removed... ;)