FZ1 vs SV1k

YSR_Racer_99

4cyl=smaller pistions=higher rpm=higher top end hp

2cyl=larger pistons=more midrange=flatter torque curve

Not necessarily just i4s, I think 4cyl engines are better than twins for road racing. Look at moto gp, the two top bikes are i4 and a v4. Honda is supposed to be releasing a v4 literbike that is a step above the CBR1k.

For street riding, even aggressive street riding, twins are better suited to my riding style. I spend most of my time in the midrage, so that's where I want power.

I've never noticed my V2s or V4s being any more/less reliable than i4s I've owned.

I'm a little biased, but the Triple engine is just amazing. It has a wide and flat torque band and makes pretty good horsepower too. It really is a good medium between the twins and 4's. Some don't like a bike without a "hit" up on top, but I'll take a wide spread of torque any day, at least on the street.

If not a triple, I would prefer a twin (and have one). Why turn past 9-10K if you don't have to?

The first time I rode a triple was at Nelson on Saturday. It was a 675 Daytona, and what a difference from the R6. The power delivery was so even through the whole rev range, compared to the R6 which was a dog until you got above about 8,000 rpm. And that shift assist....ahhhhh......very nice item!