My crash of shame.

Kent2406

Well after riding for 12-13 years, I finally went down and I'm kind of embarrassed about how it happened. As you'll see in the video, we were approaching the intersection of 83 south and 78 when the left side of my shield decided to pop loose from the locking mechanism on the side of my helmet. I fix it and then we proceeded on.

Unfortunately, my mind was still focused on the shield instead of the road ahead of me and it was too late by the time I returned my focus to the road and I was already fixated on the grass instead of the road and rode right off the side into the grass.

Don't remember the crash, just laying on my back staring at the sky. When I sat up to look at the bike, I realized my left arm hurt and could barely move it.

At about this time MadMax33 (sorry man, I'm horrible with names) was approaching me and helped me remove my helmet cause I was having a hard time breathing.

By this time quite a few people had stopped including some Harley riders that we had passed a few miles before. Lucky for me, one of the people who stopped was a nurse. She was great and helped me out a lot. She got my gloves and jacket off so we could see my arm and we knew right away it was dislocated.

Anyway, not going to ramble on, cause this one finger typing is getting old already.

So, ambulance shows up, highway patrol doesn't write me a ticket.

Hailwood (Bill or Will? See, told you I suck at names) follows us to the hospital and hangs out to make sure I was ok.

Damage is (all to the left arm) a dislocated elbow, shattered the end of the ulna bone into a few pieces and broke my thumb. They set my elbow Sunday and for reasons I don't understand, not having surgery until the 28th.

Bike doesn't look too bad. Right now, looks like it's all cosmo.

I just want to thank everyone who helped Sunday including those that are not members on here who I never had a chance to thank. Thank you all!

Alright, here's a short video of my stupidity and a few pictures.

This doesn't reveal much but it's the only picture I got.

IMAG0002.jpg

I'm high as a kite here!

IMAG0005.jpg

Red circle is what's shattered.

ulna_radius-1.jpg

P1040616.jpg

Edited by Kent2406

Sorry to hear. I rode with you once on a CORE ride. You were smooth and quick from what I remember. That's a hard reminder that it only takes 1 curve to turn a good day bad :(

Sounds cliche, but it could have been worse.

Damn man, that sucks. Glad you didnt get hurt worse. Heal fast.

Id check those forks before I laid any money out for parts.

Yeah, I hear ya. Will definitely check everything out before putting any money in it.

Sorry to hear. I rode with you once on a CORE ride. You were smooth and quick from what I remember. That's a hard reminder that it only takes 1 curve to turn a good day bad :(

Sounds cliche, but it could have been worse.

Yeah on a normal day, that turn would have been no problem for me but I allowed my shield to distract me from what I should have been focusing on. It definitely could have been worse. The other guys said I missed a round pipe sticking out of the ground by about three feet or something like that. I didn't get the chance to see it so maybe one of them will post about it.