Thinking About MMI

yotaman88210

So I have always loved anything thing on two wheels, well I guess anything with a motor really. I have been working on cars and bikes since I have been about 12. Never really thought about taking it to the professional level until recently.

I got convicted of an OMVI and the ARRT, the people who grant the license for Radiology Techs, prolly wont give me my license cuz of that. I have been working in a Rad. Dept. for the last 4 years of my life. I wanted to finish the degree and get licensed but am afraid I will do the 2 year program then get denied.

What do you guys think about MMI ? Anyone know salary ranges for someone with expeirence who is really good at what they do?

Go to Iron pony and talk to Clutch. He doesn't get on line much so just go talk to him. He graduated from there and I can tell you that you can not start classes there until you have personally visited the facility. We did our visitation during bike week. I was impressed.

Dude, I work for Siemens Medical repairing and servicing the Linear Accelerators that do the radiation treatments, so you know the people I work around. I did some asking today, and no one seems to think that having a DUI or OMVI would automatically discount you unless there's a pattern of behavior like that. How long ago was it? Might be a factor, too. Like you said, there is a Board of Trustees that ultimately decides who does and does not get signed off on, but was told that if you know your shit and are on top of your game that they usually only disqualify people that they don't think can handle the responsibility. That's all hearsay, sure, but it's from people who do this for a living, too.

And, am sure you've already seen this, but if not? ARRT's Rules and Regulations for Qualification, since last August, at least. http://www.arrt.org/about/rulesandregs2005.pdf

Is there someone you can talk to about your chances if you did do the program?

Dude, I work for Siemens Medical repairing and servicing the Linear Accelerators that do the radiation treatments, so you know the people I work around. I did some asking today, and no one seems to think that having a DUI or OMVI would automatically discount you unless there's a pattern of behavior like that. How long ago was it? Might be a factor, too. Like you said, there is a Board of Trustees that ultimately decides who does and does not get signed off on, but was told that if you know your shit and are on top of your game that they usually only disqualify people that they don't think can handle the responsibility. That's all hearsay, sure, but it's from people who do this for a living, too.

And, am sure you've already seen this, but if not? ARRT's Rules and Regulations for Qualification, since last August, at least. http://www.arrt.org/about/rulesandregs2005.pdf

Is there someone you can talk to about your chances if you did do the program?

Thanks man. I have looked at that. They actually have a pre application you can submit. It is for people in my shoes to see if they are eligible for a license or not. I need to take the time and fill it out. I know they look more for a pattern. When I was pulled over for the omvi I was already under suspension. I didnt have a license when I was pulled over. It is actually still suspended till Jan of 08'. Thanks for the info man. I need to do the pre-app and see that happens.

Keep us updated on this I was going to start a program in the near future and I had a OMVI a couple of years ago right after they lowered the limit.

What type of program are you talking about? The ARRT is really strict compared to a lot of others. Are you talking about a program in the medical field? :dunno: