BeaveRun August 13th

rslocum

What's the deal with numbers? I have some stick-ons but their notebook calls for 6" or larger numbers on the tail. I have a passenger seat which means numbers that big won't even fit. I'm bringing some tape to make numbers that are bigger than what I have, but are they going to pitch a fit over this?

They shouldn't. I really don't have numbers for my bike I just write them in marker on the tape that goes over my headlights.

I'll just stick on what I have then, they're 3" tall. If they bitch, I'll make bigger ones.

By the way, does anyone know if the photographer (Ray) will be there? He was absent at the last Motoseries date.

Edited by wantahertzdonut

That weather was outstanding! I remember seeing small patches of falling rain but none came near us, and it was lightly filtered sun with a very comfortable temp the rest of the day.

Overall I had a very positive experience riding with NESBA too. The B group had a pretty good pace by mid-morning and I think there was a maximum of 15 riders on the track, I didn't want to bump! It was like having the track to one's self for the most part. Got a few good tows from the CR's too and some pointers which helped a great deal.

No, the pace was pretty good for me in the B group, and the track was next to deserted with only 10 riders by mid day. Intermediate had at least double the crowd, and I had a few things I really wanted to work on so I was happy to stay where I was.

I'll just stick on what I have then, they're 3" tall. If they bitch, I'll make bigger ones.

By the way, does anyone know if the photographer (Ray) will be there? He was absent at the last Motoseries date.

Saw this late, but the answers are still worth posting:

- NESBA isn't nazi on the numbers, but they like to have a way for the corner workers to identify you if someone in the paddock needs to approach you about something you're doing on track. I've seen everything from "green #12 is making illegal passes in 'I' group" to "red #80 is waaaaaay off line through T7. someone probably wants to mention that to him." Once they even returned a guy's knee puck at the end of the day because teh corner worker knew the bike number.

The other thing is that (god forbid) if you are knocked unconscious, they can't ask you your name to look up your emergency contact info, allergies, blood type, etc. They CAN look at the bike laying next to you and pull #524's registration waiver with the emergency contact info on it.

- Ray (the SB image) no longer works at BeaveRun. I believe he's at New Jersey Motorsports Park now, and it's a shame. Ray is fantastic. Jamie Leigh photography (or something like that) usually shoots Saturdays at BeaveRun, but she's rarely there on Sundays (from what I've seen).

They were cool with my numbers, all was well.

That's a bummer Ray isn't at Beaverun any longer. He took the best track photos I've seen. (they're all good from whoever takes them, his were just exceptional)

I did see a woman taking photos at T4 on Saturday, but I have no idea if she was selling photos or not. We were told there wasn't a photographer that day, but if this mystery photographer was the girl you mentioned, is there a way to contact her? I'll be back to BR with Motoseries on Sept 10 and would love to get photos of my bike as it's done up for the season.

Ray (the SB image) no longer works at BeaveRun. I believe he's at New Jersey Motorsports Park now, and it's a shame. Ray is fantastic.

Damn, that does suck for us. That guy is a real artist - seemed like his mind was always running trying to figure out how to make things look cooler. Usually spent way too long talking with him at the end of the day. Hope his move gives him even more freedom to do the things he wants to do.

No problem. I was browsing pics of the control riders I know. Are you on the naked yellow SV? i didn't look that hard, but I didn't see any other first gen SV's out in the proofs page.

Yep, that was me, #55 with the eyeball sticker on the headlight.