Bridgestone BT-003 RS

BeauCrawzy

Anybody ever try them? I don't ride aggressively on the street but I try to hit up a couple of track days a year, novice group of course. Since 2008 I've been using BT-016's with good tread life and good grip on the track but I want to broaden my horizons a bit. I usually get 2 track days and a year of street riding out of a set of BT-016's for reference.

stick to the 16's. the 003 is way more tire than you need it sounds like.

you can run race lap times on the 003. they're intended for track days and some street use. they will wear out a little faster than the 16's.

I loved the 002rs and I don't care a whole lot for the 003rs. a lot of differences mainly in the front. I don't like how it will stand the bike up braking while leaned over. much more than the 002rs. which didn't really at all.

Fair enough, I saw them on Iron Pony for $240 for both front and rear so I figured it was worth asking somebody who knew. The BT-016's are pretty inexpensive anyway.

I've been having bad luck with heat cycling the front 016. It seems like I have plenty of tread left up front when the rear wear bars show but they start getting blue on the sides.

I've never tried any other brands and nobody I've talked to has a bad thing to say about the 016's so I have a hard time considering anything else. Is there anything else worth looking at in the $280-ish price range?

Thanks for the advice by the way.

Fair enough, I saw them on Iron Pony for $240 for both front and rear so I figured it was worth asking somebody who knew. The BT-016's are pretty inexpensive anyway.

I've been having bad luck with heat cycling the front 016. It seems like I have plenty of tread left up front when the rear wear bars show but they start getting blue on the sides.

I've never tried any other brands and nobody I've talked to has a bad thing to say about the 016's so I have a hard time considering anything else. Is there anything else worth looking at in the $280-ish price range?

Thanks for the advice by the way.

tires these days aren't subject to the heat cycle stuff as bad as the tires from 8 or more years ago. even race tires can be heat cycled many times these days.

plus the temp you have to get them to to be considered hot is way above what you could do on the streets. a tire at the track will average around 175 degrees.

i agree that the q2 is a superior tire to the 016, and should prove to be cheaper. the pilot power is also a fantastic tire (power 2ct as well) and are also cheap.

I have to agree, a set of 003's will do nothing more than shorten your mileage by a good bit. They are certainly a much softer (therefore sticker) tire. I know because I've had them. I'm still not sold on the Q2's just yet and I only use them on the track but I def. believe they will give you equal miles compared to the 016's you have.

You have some other good suggestions with the 2CT's.

stick to the 16's. the 003 is way more tire than you need it sounds like.

you can run race lap times on the 003. they're intended for track days and some street use. they will wear out a little faster than the 16's.

I loved the 002rs and I don't care a whole lot for the 003rs. a lot of differences mainly in the front. I don't like how it will stand the bike up braking while leaned over. much more than the 002rs. which didn't really at all.

I agree -- the 002R's are good for track use, but hardly any street life in them - the Q2's have a lot positive feedback for all around use too. I'm on Roadsmarts now, they're taking mild abuse fairly well - but I already know I wont get 2 seasons out of ANY tires unless the bike breaks down.....doh!! ;)