Harley carved out of Wood

DTM Brian

One of my best friends father who lives in West Virgina likes to carve. I wish I had more pics of this other carvings. His attention to detail is amazing. He is working on a Triumph now that makes this Harley very plain. He is actually carving all the tread on the tires and spokes on the wheels. I will get pics of it once it is done and I visit again.

Here is just a few of the Harley.

DSC00366.JPG

DSC00367.JPG

DSC00368.JPG

DSC00369.JPG

DSC00370.JPG

Is this guy rich yet? You can't tell me that he couldn't sell that for a mint... museums, collectors, dealerships ....

He has an extremely successful business called Woodchucks Contractors. My best friends brother pretty much runs it now. They do remodeling of homes and repairs to homes as a result of coal mining around them. Chuck spends his days playing in the shop while his son and its employees make him money. He has couple motorcycle related museums interested in his work. Not trying to take away from the Harley but I need to take some pictures of other things he has carved. One of my favorites is bear that he carved looking out of a log that is probably close to 3 feet in diameter. The attention to detail is amazing including the invidual sharp teeth. I will see what I can do to get more pics when I visit.

Has far as motorcycles he owns 8 bikes now. 5 of them I believe are 1972 triumph bonnevilles. I could be wrong on the year. I need to call Daniel and ask him.

whats up with the sea shells and hearts?

I guess it supposed to be the beach. They have it displayed in his shop.

good lord. A) obviously we have some skills B) Obviously we need a GF

I am not sure his wife would go for it.

I forgot to mention that these bikes are carved to actual size. The engine case for example is identical in size to an actual harley. He used the one harley that he owns as a template to make this one. He his one one of triumphs disasembled to use as a model for the one he is carving now.

Very nice, but I would hate to hear the cost of what it is to do one. Wood isn't cheap anymore, especially in some of the chunks you would think he would have to use to do that.

Would like to see him do a modern sport bike with all the graphics. We be a good project in my eyes.